What's new

Sarah Brightman - available now on hybrid multi-channel SACDs (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't begin to understand why so many releases seem to be overseas only. There should be a big market for hybrid multichannel releases in the US, but it seems sometimes we're ignored.
I'm still waiting to see if the Groove Armada releases make it stateside.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
John, this is just an observation without anything to back it up. Multi-channel or not, there seems to be a lot more SACD activities overseas. Aside from Universal, and obviously the Warner Group, none of the "Big 5" are putting much effort into SACD in this country. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of activities overseas, relatively speaking, by the "Big 5". Yes, even Sony, espeically in Japan. I ordered the Sarah Brightman "Time To Say Goodbye" SACD, but I wonder which "branch" of EMI issued the title. Probably not EMI of US. I would think the Sarah Brightman SACDs to be better seller than the SACD of, say, Mary Mary. Or Vivian Green.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised the Sarah Brightman cds were not released in Canada, considering we're her biggest market.

Hopefully EMI Canada will release a dvd audio version as well.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
OK, just received my SACD to Sarah Brightman's "Time To Say Goodbye". Haven't listen to it yet. This title was indeed released by Hong Kong EMI as a multi-channel hybrid SACD. No technical info was provided other than the original info from the CD. The SACD was made in Germany.

Hmmm....just think....maybe Hong Kong EMI will see fit to release other EMI titles....

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
Danny,
I look forward to your review. I'm very interested in this title. My wife and I had the chance to see her show recently in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and we enjoyed it very much. Please let me know if she sings "Time To Say Goodbye" on her own or with Andrea Bocelli (I hope it is both of them as was with his Cd).

Thanks,
Matt

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Matt,

I heard Sarah Brightman's current tour is a big success. Miss her when she came through San Jose....instead I went to Mariah Carey (my sister paid for the tix :D )

OK, I was able to listen and compare a couple of tracks from Sarah Brightman's "Time To Say Goodbye" SACD (released by Hong Kong EMI) and CD (released by Angel, purchased from BMG Music Service). I listened in 2 channel since I don't have a surround setup.

I don't want to say there's a night and day difference, since this was a digital recording of recent vintage. I noticed on both the CD layer and the SACD layer that the shrillness, to me at least, of the original CD release has been eliminated for the most part. The SACD is very smooth-sounding, with higher resolution....and I hate to use the phrase, but "as if a thin veil has been lifted". The sonic imagery is definitely more realistic and much fuller sounding. I also noticed that the bass response on the SACD is a little bit better.

If you have never purchased this title before, it's well worth the $20.00 I paid. Even if you do have this title already, it's definitely a sonic upgrade. Plus, you can always sell the redbook CD off.

I have uploaded the track listing and cover to sa-cd.net

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks