What's new

How's the new MTM movie DVD doing? (1 Viewer)

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all. It's the pesky MTM fan here. I was just wondering if anyone knows how the MTM movie is doing in sales. I would say that the only thing it has going for it is that it is cheap (in price). What it doesnt have going for it is that it is also cheap in content. I saw only a little of it, because i just couldnt bear to see any more. All of the original shows character and humor was gone and replaced with modern day soap opera nonsense. The MTM movie is not a FOX DVD, but i did hear a rumor that FOX is basing their release of season 2 on how well the movie sells. True or not, this puts me and a lot of fans in a quandry. Do we buy it in the slim hope that season 2 will see the light of day? Do we not buy it and lose all hope that there will ever be a season 2 DVD? My (pessimistic) view is that good sales or not, we will all be left with MTM season 1 and the crappy MTM reunion special and nothing in between. Of course the FOX site does still say that season 2 is coming soon. I wish they would take that out until they really know for sure. Any thoughts anyone?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
MTM = Mary Tyler Moore

I absolutely HATE it when people use abbreviations and assume everyone else knows what they're talking about. Sure, some do, but at least spell it out in the thread title for those that don't.

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
MTM = Mary Tyler Moore Show
MTM movie= The crappy Mary Tyler Moore Reunion Movie
DVD= Digital Versitile Disc
FOX= Company putting out certain DVDs.(if they say "coming soon", don't bet on it.)

Sorry about the acronyms. Is this clearer?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Don't forget, MTM is co-starring in TDVDSR next Tues on CBS.

MTM = Mary Tyler Moore
TDVDSR = THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW REVISITED
TUES = Tuesday
CBS = COLUMBIA BROACASTING SYSTEM

Seriously, this all new reunion episode should be a lot of fun.;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I really doubt that the sales of this movie will be that much of an influence on Fox whether or not to release season 2. You want to know what will be the only thing to influence Fox to release season 2? They need to be able to answer yes to this question.

Will we be able to make money off of a season 2 release?

If the answer is yes then they need to ask...

How?

When they can answer yes to the first question and give the how for the second it will come out. Even if this thing sold well, it wouldn't mean that season 2 would be profitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks