Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Kaiju Big Battel? -- What is It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Cory-C

Cory-C

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted May 04 2004 - 08:38 AM

I have seen this DVD advertised a few times ... not sure what to make of it.

Anyone seen it? How funny is it?

What's the DVD like ... quality-wise, length-wise, special features-wise, etc?

#2 of 6 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 04 2004 - 08:53 AM

WWE + Godzilla = Kaiju Big Battel

I am bitterly disappointed that there first live Boston show in what must be a year was the same night as the local film festival.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 6 RonOlszewski

RonOlszewski

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 05:49 AM

It's pretty funny. What it amounts to is wrestling "big monster"-style. They have a bunch of wrestlers in costumes a la Godzilla and other Japanese rubber-suit monsters. The wrestling ring has models of buildings and other stuff in in, and then the two (or more) monsters BATTLE IT OUT!! Or, to be more accurate, basically wrestle.

What elevates it above being really lame is the commentary and the bizarre "stories" that go on, complete with wrestler rivalries, surprise appearances, and other standard wrestling theatrics. It's a great DVD to have for no other purpose than to put it on for your friends and relatives and watch them go "Huh?!" Posted Image
-Ronald Olszewski
Click to see --> My Collection

#4 of 6 Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 06:17 AM

Is this stuff American or is it from Japan? Subbed or dubbed? Can't tell from the packaging.

#5 of 6 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 06:48 AM

It's American; I believe they're based out of Boston (we certainly have a lot of Kaiju promotional stickers stuck all over the place).
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#6 of 6 ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 03:49 PM

I picked it up after seeing some clips on MTV.
weird stuff....