What's new

Scooby Doo (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Any word on the "New Scooby Doo Movies" show coming out as a complete set or the later 70s Scooby Doo Show.

Or do you think that they are waiting to see how well the Where are You set does?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather have a complete collection of the 80's tv adaption, "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" on DVD, as well as the original 1976 "Scooby Doo Show" which was later shortened in rerun as "The Scooby Doo / Dynomutt Hour". It featured classic episodes like 'The Headless Horseman Of Halloween', etc. There's also "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics" as well as the long-running 1979, "The Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show". Also, "The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo" would make for a nice double-disc collection... or dare I say it, even a single disc flipper to offer at discount!

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Well for me the classic 70s stuff is what interests me. Now that the original Where are you is completely available. I would like the other 70s shows.
BTW, the single disc Spookiest Tales disc has 2 of the later Scooby Show episodes (2 good ones). One if the cousin-turned vampire episode and the other is a "bonus" episode - the headless horseman. It is still available. The other 3 episode are Where are you ones....

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The Where are You set has only been out since march 16, so not even 2 whole months. They've got Jetsons and Johnny Quest coming out this month, and so I suspect as with the Flintstones it will be awhile before an announcement is made about the next volume.
Though, I can't imagine the sales wouldn't be good enough for a second volume...it is afterall Scooby Doo.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait to hear the announcement for the next wave of Hanna Barbera releases. I have 'Scooby-Doo' & 'The Flintstones', and will be picking up 'The Jetsons' very soon. I don't recall ever watching 'Jonny Quest' as a kid, so I'll be passing on that one.

I'd love to see all incarnations of 'Scooby-Doo' eventually be made available, especially the 'Movies' series.

It'll be interesting to see what the next releases will be. Hopefully it won't take too long to continue existing series, such as 'The Flintstones' which is the one I watch most frequently.

Other Hanna Barbera cartoons I'd like to see as part of this collection include "Abbott & Costello", "Yogi Bear", "Dastardly & Muttley", and "Huckleberry Hound".

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
WB needs to fix the glitch on the current box. Episode 17 is missing the video on part of the opening credits and title card. The audio continues on a black screen for awhile.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Andrew, oh boy did you miss out...Jonny Quest was the closest thing to reality that Hanna Barbera ever got...well, you can also throw in a few dinosaurs and monsters here and there. An excellent show for sure. If you liked the other HB shows you stated, then at the very least rent Jonny Quest, you'll be glad you did.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm actually really surprised I had never seen it, especially since I was a Saturday morning cartoon junkie as a kid. lol. I remember watching shows such as "Rocket Robin Hood" and "The Mighty Hercules" which I loved. This one just doesn't ring a bell with me. I'll definitely give it a rent at least. Perhaps it's one of those cartoons I had seen as a child and just simply don't remember it. Whatever the case, it'll be great to see some great classic Hanna Barbera animation.......even if it IS new to me.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
This may sound silly, but I don't care for any of Scooby shows from the 80s on, including the new ones. While it was a kids shoe. They seem to have got away from mysteries that were some sort of scam etc. and in recent years, now they're "real" monsters. No, the whole premise was that somebody was up to no good and they had to figure it out. With real monsters, it changes the whole show.. to me.
They also with each series got away from the kind of eerieness of the original show (though it still existed in some of the other 70s shows). None of that seems to even be considered in the shows of the last 20 years.

I am the only one that feels that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks