What's new

Stage IV - Complete (1 Viewer)

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys the sheet rock is up and there are some pictures on my site. I already have the first coat of compound on the walls but I will take pictures of that when the walls are ready to be painted. More pics to come soon.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great Christo,

I've been following along ... can't wait to see more pics.

Good luck.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
You've got to love an all Pennsylvania thread (so far).

Cristo, my unsolicited 2 cents worth: try to get as much stuff out of the room as possible, even if you have to rent a storage unit. I have not been following that rule of thumb as much as I should, but it makes everything go much faster when you are not tripping over furniture and you have room to work.

I'm anxious to see the next stage!

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
Jack - you are not kidding and I appreciate it. Its just that renting the truck and getting everything out to the unit is a little difficult - I hate that stuff. But the couches slide pretty easily, as for the bar it is definitely a 2 person job. Most of that furniture is temporary - I am probably going to put a "L" shaped couch in there or get a bunch of recliners. Thanks again...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Christo-
Nice work so far. Looking at the photos on your web site it seems that you are going to have a hard time changing the light bulbs on the florescents. The picture I am talking about is the fourth one down on your sheet rock page.

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like things are coming along fine. I would caution you about the fluorescent lights though. They are virtually impossible to dim without getting flicker. In addition you can get a audible hum which can also affect your picture with interference. I would suggest a good quality rope light. They dim very well and actually provide more light at full on than you could imagine.

If you think about it, have you ever been in a theatre of any kind and seen fluorescent lights dimmed while watching the movie?

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, I have been on the fence with the flourescents or rope light for quite some time. I do not have a dimmer on the flourescents, however I do have one on the high hats. I think I am going to take your advice and replace the flourescents with the rope down the road.

Adam, yeah, those flourescents can be a little trouble to change, but the molding will be removable. But I think Mark just gave me the motivation I needed to get them out of there all together.

Thanks fellas, keep the ideas rolling!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks