Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Stage IV - Complete

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 03 2004 - 06:05 AM

Well guys the sheet rock is up and there are some pictures on my site. I already have the first coat of compound on the walls but I will take pictures of that when the walls are ready to be painted. More pics to come soon.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   JayPo

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted May 03 2004 - 08:01 AM

Looks great Christo, I've been following along ... can't wait to see more pics. Good luck.
SONY STR-DA4ES, DVP-NC655P, SCD-CE775; Harman Kardon PA4000; DISH 811; Toshiba 57H83; Paradigm CC-370, Mini-Monitor(s), AMS-100R(s), Atom(s); SVS 20-39PCi; Logitech Harmony 880

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted May 04 2004 - 05:10 AM

You've got to love an all Pennsylvania thread (so far). Cristo, my unsolicited 2 cents worth: try to get as much stuff out of the room as possible, even if you have to rent a storage unit. I have not been following that rule of thumb as much as I should, but it makes everything go much faster when you are not tripping over furniture and you have room to work. I'm anxious to see the next stage!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 04 2004 - 05:54 AM

Jack - you are not kidding and I appreciate it. Its just that renting the truck and getting everything out to the unit is a little difficult - I hate that stuff. But the couches slide pretty easily, as for the bar it is definitely a 2 person job. Most of that furniture is temporary - I am probably going to put a "L" shaped couch in there or get a bunch of recliners. Thanks again...

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,340 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted May 04 2004 - 08:46 AM

Christo- Nice work so far. Looking at the photos on your web site it seems that you are going to have a hard time changing the light bulbs on the florescents. The picture I am talking about is the fourth one down on your sheet rock page.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark McGill

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 02:38 AM

It looks like things are coming along fine. I would caution you about the fluorescent lights though. They are virtually impossible to dim without getting flicker. In addition you can get a audible hum which can also affect your picture with interference. I would suggest a good quality rope light. They dim very well and actually provide more light at full on than you could imagine. If you think about it, have you ever been in a theatre of any kind and seen fluorescent lights dimmed while watching the movie?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 05 2004 - 04:04 AM

Mark, I have been on the fence with the flourescents or rope light for quite some time. I do not have a dimmer on the flourescents, however I do have one on the high hats. I think I am going to take your advice and replace the flourescents with the rope down the road. Adam, yeah, those flourescents can be a little trouble to change, but the molding will be removable. But I think Mark just gave me the motivation I needed to get them out of there all together. Thanks fellas, keep the ideas rolling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users