What's new

New JVC RX-8040 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For anyone who might be interested JVC just posted the RX-8040 on their website. Upgrades over the old RX-8030 include 2nd Room Audio, RF Remote w/ Glow Buttons & DPL IIx. List price is 5 Cents Less than last years RX-8030 :D I was surprised to see it had DPL IIx on it seeing their new top of the line model doesn't have it? This will probably be the lowest priced receiver with 2nd Room Audio & an RF Remote Control & All Channel Pre-Outputs. It's too bad though that JVC din't put back the On-Scereen Menus & the new RF Remote isn't anywhere as nice as the old RF Remote they were using on the old RX-9010 it looks just like the remote on the RX-8030.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I listened to last year's 7030 and it was amazing. Need to check out the new JVC's.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Ahhhhhhhh........... good to hear!
JVC keeps proving they are more bang for the buck!
I also hope they will bring back the OSD........

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Danny, For what it's worth check out www.ecoustics.com they gave the RX-8030 a pretty nice review & they din't like the old RX-9010 at all. Bought my daughter the RX-9010 awhile back & she just loves the RF Remote which works from outside for her 2nd Zone patio speakers & she has never had any trouble with it & she uses it everyday! Also the new RX-7040 just seems to be last years RX-8030 with a new remote control.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
One of the most exciting features on last year's model was a "upsampling" mode (I forget what JVC called it) on the 8030. Considering all the features it had, and the way it sound when I auditioned it playing a Sting dts CD, that was quite a bargain. But it was way tooooo deep for my AV rack.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I think you mean JVC's CC Converter (Compression Compensative Converter) & the "New" RX-7040 now has it but the depth of the receivers still are the same. JVC did have a new top-of-the-line receiver posted, I think it was the RX-DP25, but it din't have DPL IIx & I did send JVC an email telling them what a big mistake that was especially seeing all their competiors had it & now the receiver isn't listed anymore? wonder if JVC pulled it to add DPL IIx? maybe they got enough hate email's about no DPL IIx :D Makes you wonder what the hell their marketing department was thinking or did the bean counters win out because they wanted to buy DPL II chips in larger quantities? that's why I was surprised to see the new RX-8040 had DPL IIx. So if you don't care about a 2nd Zone or DPL IIx the RX-7040 will save you some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks