What's new

Spider-Man: '67 cartoon collection (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Can anyone who has seen this classic cartoon show forget the theme song? :D It's nearly impossible. Well it's finally coming to DVD in a 6 disc collection of all 52 episodes. Anyone out there looking forward to this? I am, although I'll be scouting around for the best deal with an MSRP of $59.99(ouch!).

Story at IGN

Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release Spider-Man: The '67 Collection DVD on June 29. The six-disc collection will contain all 52 episodes of the Spider-Man cartoon with digitally restored audio and video, for a rather hefty price of $59.99. These episodes contain Spidey's famous enemies, like Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, Mysterio, The Rhino, The Kingpin, Dr. Magneto, and more.

[url=http://media.ign.com/thumb/816/816582/spider-man_67_1083285872_thumb.jpg] [/url]

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Wow, IGN is seriously behind with this one. It was announced back in Feb, and I agree with Joshua, $59.99 is standard for a 6 disc set. Let's see...52 episodes on 6 discs which works out to $1.15 per episode...I don't see the problem with that. If you buy from Amazon.com it's $51 which is less than $1 per episode.

Futurama Season 3 bought from Amazon.com works out to $1.60/episode.

Gord

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm still back and forth on buying this one. I've never seen any of the episodes, but I'm a big Spidey fan...and I love the cartoon from the 90s.

Decisions, decisions...

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Thanks for shedding some light on the price, guys. I've never really bought a big boxed set such as this one before so $59 just seemed sorta expensive. But I'm getting more comfortable with the idea because of the comparisons. :)

I grew up watching the reruns of this great cartoon series in the 70's so for me it's kind of like a GP purchase.

This cartoon series featured some great music, which is an immense part of the appeal for me.
Dat dat dat DAAAT!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I grew up watching this Spider-Man cartoon... there is no way I will let this one get by me! If you get this one at Deep Discount DVD You can get it for only $45.36... thats only about $0.87 per episode. :D

I been using Deep Discount DVD for a couple years now... and on the rare occasion there was a problem the fixed it quickly and without any problem :)

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa, wait a second... you've NEVER SEEN any of the old Spidey cartoons? Did I read that right???
How is that possible?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

He could've been like me: I was born too late to see them during the network run and lived in an area that didn't have any independent UHF stations in the '70s (just the three network affiliates and PBS) and no cable providers. The only time I got to see the animated Spideys (or Battle of the Planets) was when I was on summer vacation in a different city.

I didn't see the series again (as an adult) until I saw some old Prism Marvel tapes in a bargain bin at Blowout Video.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Are you talking to me, Paul? I was born in '81...I'm a young'n and I've never seen any of the originals.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I was born in 1981 and I never saw one of the 67 episodes until Buena Vista threw three episodes on their 90's Spidey releases. They've never been in reruns in my lifetime as far as I know.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I will rent this set first and see what they've done with it. I've read that they are going to remaster the picture and original soundtrack as well, and if that means it won't sound like the way I remember the show, then I won't be buying it. Studios need to understand that most people who buy classic oldies like these, do so for nostalgic reason. If what they see now doesn't resemble the show they remember, what's the point in buying it?

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Well for those of you who haven't had the fortune of watching them, you are in for a real treat! It really is an amazing show, its more like looking at art than watching a cartoon.
I'll be getting it the day it comes out!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I would like the see the early 80s Spider Man and his Amazinf Friends on disc. Brief but fun.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I saw an episode of that last weekend on ABC family. Pretty decent. I'd buy it if it was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks