What's new

Have Gun, Will Travel: Season One — any reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
The first season release of Have Gun, Will Travel is just nine days away and I'm psyched. Has anyone found any reviews yet? Heck, is anyone even ordering this set? I've been on DVDTalk's Share the Love list for this item for ages and so far have gotten nada. Is someone I don't know about selling this for more than 37% off (Amazon's price after STL discount)?

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I haven't ordered the set, but I'm going to pick it up the moment I see it gracing store shelves. I have most episodes from off-air tapings dating back a decade ago, and I'm anxious for uncut upgrades. It's one series that started out great from the beginning, and there are a lot of terrific 1st-season episodes.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I haven't seen any reviews of this set yet, and my screener from Paramount is overdue. Paramount usually doesn't get their screeners out until 11 or 12 days before street.

I'll have a review up ASAP.

-Scott

Tom.W

Second Unit
I placed my order with Amazon about a month ago. I've got most of the series from various sources, but looking forward to clear, uncut episodes and hopefully, some interesting extras. Probably limited in scope of extras due to the age of the series.

Just watched an excellent episode from the second season, A Sense of Justice, with a very unusual opening. Hopefully, not too long till Season 2 arrives!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I've place my order and am anxiously awaiting its release. I have the entire series on VHS from Columbia House but couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it on DVD.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I just received my copy today... can't tell you much yet, but I will post a review toward the end of the week.

6 discs, in thin packs, inside a cardboard slipcase.
6 - 7 episodes per disc (remember, it's a half-hour show)
There is a "Play All" option.

Listed Special Features:
Production Notes
Cast Biographies
Behind the scenes Episodic Information.

The discs have motion menus.

A quick glance shows promising PQ, some dust - but sharp and with good contrast.

Full review is forthcoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks