What's new

So Many DVDs, So Little Time (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
As you know, TV shows on DVD season sets are coming out at a furious pace. Pretty soon, I'll be picking up Wonder Woman season 1 and Three's Company season 2. The only problem is: now I don't have time to watch them all (especially now that summer is coming)! Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the Dark Shadows Collections 1 through 10, and so far I'm only on Collection 3! Plus, I have a subscription to Columbia Houses, Land of the Giants.

Here's the rundown:

Watched all episodes: Charlie's Angels season 1, Baretta season 1, What's Happening, Three's Company season 1, I Love Lucy season 1, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Jeffersons season 1, Good Times season 2

Watched many episodes: Green Acres, Twilight Zone Collection 1

Watched a few episodes: Lost in Space, Charlie's Angels season 2, HR Pufnstuf

Haven't watched any episodes: Gilligan's Island, Mr. Ed, Jeffersons season 2, Good Times Season 2

What about the rest of you?

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
My problem isn't so much finding the time as finding the money to buy all these great shows! My wish list for TVs hows is well into the double digits now. But if I could buy all the sets that I'd list to, I probably would spend a lot more time watching TV on DVD than I ever did watching TV on TV.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I don't own many tv sets yet (Roswell, Little House on the Prairie 1.2 and 3, Jem and the Holograms, MSCL, Freaks and Geeks and The Prisoner)and I have watched 3 of them all the way through.

MSCL I watched in two days. Freaks and Geeks I watched in about 3 days. Jem I watched in about a week. The Prisoner and Little House I am still watching. I watch them when I can a few episodes at a time. I watched about 2 discs of Roswell, but then I decided to stop since a few months back I did a marathon of ROSWELL S1 and S2 ( I have on VHS). I am a little Roswelled out at the moment.

I've actually already watched all of The Prisoner before back from my VHS collection, but I am waiting till I have time to just sit and watch them all together.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
Completely watched: too numerous to list. Would like to rewatch most of them at some stage.

Currently in progress:
Cheers s2, Dick Van Dyke s1, Frasier s2, Friends s5, King Of The Hill s2, Sanford & Son s2, Sex And The City s4, Monkees s1, Michael Palin - Pole To Pole, George & Mildred s1, Red Dwarf IV

Not yet started:
Citizen Smith s3&4, I'm Alan Partridge s2, Dick Van Dyke s2 & 3, Dilbert, Friends s6 & 7, Sanford & Son s3, Sex And The City s1,2 & 5, South Park s1 & 2, Minder s1,2,3,4, Our Friends In The North, Michael Palin - Sahara, Man About The House s2, Mary and Rhoda, Love Thy Neighbour s2, George & Mildred s2, The Day Today, The Sweeney s2, Freaks and Geeks.

My only hope is that at some stage over the next few years, everything I want that is ever likely to be released will have been released. Then the purchases will slow down and I will have some chance of getting through the backlog. It's just as well that there is very little actual broadcast TV I watch these days.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've got plenty of stuff watched, more than most, my thing is that for some reason I have way more unwatched movies than TV shows. Even though a TV season set requires more time than a movie would typically.
About the only thing I watch on TV anymore is sporting events, and new episodes of TV shows I like and own on DVD.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i have over 800 DVD's, counting sets as one.
and i have seen them all.
i guess i have a lot of time on my hands! :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes it's a problem trying to find time to watch them around watching movies, new first run TV, playing Video Games, Watching the Red Sox, and actually having a life. The nice thing about them is that they are not going anywhere and the nature of TV in 30 min to 60 minute blocks make them an Ideal quick view where you don't have time to watch a movie. It'll take me a while to get thru them all but I'm working on it.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i dont have a life... lol
all i do is watch my shows and putt around with my computer.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks