Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Title: Mean Girls

Tagline: Welcome to girl world.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Mark Waters

Cast: Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfried, Lizzy Caplan, Daniel Franzese, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Meadows, Amy Poehler, Ana Gasteyer, Neil Flynn, Rajiv Surendra, Elana Shilling, Graham Kartna, Ely Henry, David Aherne, Ayo Agbonkpolo, Molly Shanahan, Jonathan Malen, Jeff Moser, Miranda Edwards, Les Porter, Eve Crawford, Jack Newman, Michelyn Emelle, Bathsheba Garnett, Ky Pham, Danielle Nguyen, Daniel DeSanto, Alisha Morrison, Chris Anton, Dwayne Hill, Diego Klattenhoff, Jan Caruana, Wai Choy, Julia Chantrey, Jacky Chamberlain, Olympia Lukis, Stefanie Drummond, Kristen Bone, Jessie Wright, Tyson Fennell, Stephan Dickson, Andreja Punkris, Noelle Boggio, Jordan Dawe, Alexandra Stapley, Laura de Carteret, Nicole Crimi, Erin Norah Thompson, Dan Willmott, Michelle Hoffman, Valerie Casault, Sharron Matthews, Jo Chim, Randi Lee Butcher, Erin Jarvis, Kaylen Christensen, Jill Morrison, David Sazant, Clare Preuss, Bruce Hunter, Megan Millington, Tara Shelley, Shannon Todd, David Reale, Krysta Carter

Release: 2004-04-30

Runtime: 97

Plot: Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.

Just read Ebert's postive review of this film and am actually considering seeing it. It seems to have a good team behind it - Tina Fey and the director of Freaky Friday. After seeing FF I also think Lohan is pretty good, but seeing that SNL promo with her plunging neckline scared me (in that "I shouldn't be seeing a teenager like that" way).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's my problem with this movie. I'm 30 years old and am not sure how I should react to an amusing-looking movie about kids 10 years younger than I (see also Ella Enchanted and The Girl Next Door). Does wanting to see this movie make me some kind of perv?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There's a perfectly legitimate, non-perv reason for over-30 males to see this flick:

Tina Fey - both the woman herself AND her sharp comic writing.

Pretty much the same reason I TiVo SNL every week. :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
True. It was difficult to explain that to my 19-year-old brother who was sitting beside me when we were hit with previews for Mean Girls, Ella Enchanted, and New York Minute all at once (though the latter's appeal just utterly baffled us), especially after he said he wasn't ready for Lindsay Lohan to have breasts yet. :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Why, because she's grown up hot(*), because she did such a phenomenal job playing twins that people thought she was two actresses, or did she do something else when even younger? I don't recall her in anything before The Parent Trap, but "to this day" sort of implies that it's boggled your mind since then.

(*) You're a perv, Seaver

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I saw this a few weeks ago. It was better than I thought it was going to be. It's not your average teen movie, although it gets formulatic towards the ending. I'm interested in seeing it again.

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
The one I'm having a problem with is Lacy Chabert, aka Claudia from Party of Five. It's definitely weird seeing her and saying, "Uh, when did Claudia grow up and get a smokin' body?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw Lacey on the Tonight Show in HDTV last night promoting the movie. :) Now I can't believe Lacey's over 21 nowadays. Lindsay turns 18 in July (a month after the Olsen twins turn 18...).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I agree. I usually lose interest in SNL following Weekend Update, but I stay up hoping Fey will show up in a sketch.

The joke on Friends last night regarding Ross going to a teen cheerleader movie instead of helping to pack seems timely.

Monica: "Creepy loner at a movie for teenagers or helpful brother?"

Sounds like this rises above its apparent genre, so I see as much of an issue watching this as going to see Freaky Friday and not being a teen girl or a mother with one. Only thing is I would try not to go to it alone :)

EDIT: And preferably not just with another guy. That seems to make it worse.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Just found out - (according to IMDB) we share a birthday.

July 2nd. She'll turn 18 as I turn 19. And then, the fun begins....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Most guys will go to see this film for all the wrong reasons. :) But it's pretty funny. It ends up doing right what "The Girl Next Door" does wrong or doesn't do at all. It entertains.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She got an "Introducing" for that (although I guess sometimes it's a lie -- some fairly prominent movie did that recently, I forget which)

She was also just named one of People's 50 Most Beautiful (#10 here)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks