What's new

Buffy Season 7 coming out earlier than expected? (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
My friend just got themselves a copy of the R1 Buffy Season 6 DVD,they told me that the insert says that Season 7 comes out in October 2004. Isn't that a little early?

Still its great that we'll have all the seasons by the end of the year. Now if someone could convince Fox to release Angel Season 4 in September and Angel Season 5 in December!

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
That wouldn't surprise me. It's still 5 months after the release of Season 6, plus with Angel Season 4 due out in September, it wouldn't hurt to have the final season of Buffy available since there were a few crossover episodes.

And on a side note, did your friend mention anything about "Once More With Feeling" being anamorphic?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
My friend hasn't watched any of the episodes yet,but as soon as she gets a look at OMWF I'll let you know.

KatieB

Auditioning
It would be awesome if they would release Buffy S7 so fast!
This may be a stupid question, but I can't help myself. How does everybody get copies of stuff before it's out? I mean, do you have to know somebody or is there a website or something? I am dying for Buffy S6 to come out and I read a post the other day about someone just getting their copy of S7. I know I can get other copies from different regions, but I really prefer R1 sets.
And yes, it would be great if they would have all the Buffys and Angels out by the end of the year. I can't see waiting for a further 6 months after the Septemberish release of Angel S4.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Could be a review copy, or could just be a retailer that broke street date (though this is pretty damn early for a retailer to have a copy).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Must have been the R2 version, which is just out. I doubt that R1 discs for season 7 have even been pressed.

M.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm.. Interesting. They have been going out of their pattern lately anyhow (May, instead of June, December, instead of January) so I guess it would make sense. It's going to be great to finally get all of the seasons of the show, except that I'll be broke come October. I have to buy Season 4 of Angel, AND Season 7 of Buffy. I hope Tru Calling isn't out until next year, haha.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Eddy C-

Any word on whether OMWF is anamorphic yet...? Would be a GREAT surprise...!

:) D

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
That would be a great surprise.

Tell me, is anamorphic widescreen only different than regular widescreen in that it is enhanced for widescreen TVs? So that someone with a regular 4:3 TV wouldn't be effected?

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
That's correct, Ryan. If you don't know if it's anamorphic or not, you still wouldn't know by viewing it on a 4:3 TV.

On a widescreen TV, a non-anamorphic widescreen movie shows in the middle, 4:3 section of the screen with the black bars at top and bottom. So you have the outside, non-4:3 area of the TV gray and the top and bottom of the viewable area black.

Sometimes, I'll use the full zoom feature on my TV to have a non-anamorphic fill the width of the screen. But you definitely see some picture degradation when you do that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Same here. I'm going to shoot myself if it's non-anamorphic...it just doesn't make any sense.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I finally got a hold of my friend and this is what she said about OMWF "I'm not sure about the anamorphic q. I looked all over the disc but there is no spec sheet detailing whether it is or not. I can tell ya there is black on the edges of the picture (l & r) - like the episode is boxed out which is odd. Usually with letterboxing you get the full image across the screen but not in this case - which is irritating. "

Is that normal?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I do like that they windowboxed it, like when it originally aired. This likely will help in the case of overscan.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Eddy... What kind of set was it viewed on..? If a typical 4x3 set, then the bars on the side don't mean non-annie. If it was a 16x9 set, most likely. But then you'd have to have a player like the JVC's that automatically add black bars to the sides of 4x3 videos...
if the bars are real small, we could be ok...

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I was in a Suncoast yesterday, browsing in the Horror/Sci-Fi section, and heard something... a song that sounded familiar.

It was Tara singing "Under Your Spell."

They were playing "Once More, With Feeling" in the store!

I stood in the store and watched through "Rest in Peace." The DVD was obviously a screener because it ran a "Property of 20th Century Fox" crawler occasionally at the bottom of the screen.

It was widescreen, but I couldn't tell if it was enhanced or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks