What's new

Anyone had any experience ordering from North American DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
On April 23, I ordered From the Earth to the Moon from North American DVD. I got an receipt email the same day stating that my shipping costs would be calculated upon confirmation of my billing and shipping address.

On April 26, I emailed them because I had not recieved any other emails or anything. I asked them if I should receive an email confirming my shipping address or anything else. They did write back that day stating that my shipping would be $6, although the chart they referred me to stated $2 and the quote on DVD Price search stated $4.95 (not too big a deal, I guess). And they said they would be shipping it out that day.

Here it is April 28th and I haven't even recieved a tracking number or confirmation that my order shipped, although my order had supposedly shipped on the 26th. So I sent them another email asking about it.

I do alot of online buying and just about everytime, the place I buy from is very quick and thorough on updating you about your order through emails. It seems this place isn't so and I am just a little worried. Just want to see if anyone else has used these people.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Kain_C,

I can certainly understand your concern (don't get me started on the twilightzoneclassicscom), I experienced a slight delay with North American because my merchandise was on back order, which I didn't find out until I called them. Other than that they were timely and responsive, I've no doubt you'll be taken care of soon enough, but again I know exactly what you mean and how you feel.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Thanks for your experiences. Didn't that make you a little upset that you had to call them to find out that about your order being on backorder? Think I'll send them another email when this is all done and recommend that they keep their customers more up to date in regard to email notices.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Retail & Wholesale Vendors Feedback

The only time I ordered from them was when the first season of The Outer Limits came out, they had an extremely low price. It was back-ordered for two weeks, then shipped. I wasn't informed of it, but I also don't remember when I was billed.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Originally posted by Kain C

Yes, and very worried since it was my first time doing business with them.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I imagine so! So what was your experience with twilightzoneclassics.com that you mentioned earlier?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I've dealt with them a few times (not recently, though), and my only beef with them was that they'd charge my credit card immediately, even if it was a pre-order.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
I have ordered from NA DVD twice. The first time my item came a bit beat up and mangled (and it was a snapper too), but the price was cheap so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered another time. I never received the second item, a TV season box set as I recall, and I had to dispute the charge with my cc company after NA DVD would not return my email inquiries. To top that off, three months after the charge back they went and charged my credit card again, which was completely unauthorized, illegal, and unscrupulous. I would avoid them like the plague if I were you.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Originally posted by Kain_C

I ordered the five Twilight Zone box set collection in February 2003, they sent me the Twilight Zone Gold collection in "error" (the Gold collection is not on their website), the Gold collection has the series in chronological order and is more expensive, I was given the option to keep it with no extra charge - and I would have if not for the AV being inferior to the discs produced by Image. So I sent it back, no harm no foul right?, well due to the company being turned over to new ownership along with the massive number of backorders they had/have it took all of 2003 for me to get three box sets. The last email I received from them was five months ago, they state that the transition is almost done, the new name for the company will be DVD Federation. Their website no longer exists and I've received no response to my emails, for all I know I've been screwed. My only hope is that their new operation gets up and running, they owe me two more box sets, the cost of shipping that I paid when I had to return the Gold collection, and the advertised rebate that existed when I made the purchase - to be honest I'll settle for getting the remainder of my order and eat the shipping cost. As for the rebate, at this point it would be more a windfall than an entitlement.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Jeez, good luck with that, Reese. That really sucks.

I am getting more and more scared as I read these replies.

Another minor update. Like I said before, I sent them an email on the 26th asking about tracking because I like to be on top of my order. No reply as of yet :frowning:

Guess I may have to phone them.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Originally posted by Kain_C

That's what I did. In fact whenever I do business with ANY company I phone them if I have any problems or questions - if telephoning is a contact option. In the case of the Twilight Zone DVD and videostore their customer service telephone was always "temporarily unavailable".

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Well emailed them a second time, this time it wasn't so nice. Got an email from "Angela, per Nick", stating that my order shipped on the 3rd, about 11 days after I had ordered it and nearly 8 days after they had LIED and said it would be shipping that day. They said it was on backorder for a few days.

IF I ever recieve my order, I am going to post on as many websites and vendor feedback forums as I can find. I am going to relate my experiences about this terrible company and let everyone know how crappy their customer service is. I am going to report them to as many better business type establishments as I can.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
FINALLY recieved my DVDs on Thursday (13th). Only about 20 days later... I will have to look on my bank statement to see how much they charged me. Didn't even include any kind of paperwork when I got my order. Never will order from these people again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks