What's new

Car MP3 player with Pro Logic II? (1 Viewer)

Sacha_C

Second Unit
I just got my first car, it's a Toyota Tercel 94 but its just for a few months until I get a job and get a better car, I'd like to get an mp3 player for it (preferably one that takes memory cards, if they exist, 'cause I hate CDs).

I also want ProLogic II (I'm addicted to it for music/tv and everything else that isnt in DD/DTS).

Would it be a problem that there is no center speaker (at least I dont think so, I'm getting the car next thrusday)? I mean can I set it so that it sends the center audio to the front left/right until I get a car with a center speaker?

My budget would be about $300 US, maybe more if it's really good and worth the extra cost.

Thanks

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer i believe does it but its over 300$...good luck on a 300$ budget won't get you too much. Thats asking alot without putting enough $$ in. Anything that has Pro Logic, Dobly or something like that will run you 350-500$. If you want get a Music Keg or an add-on MP3 cartridge and add it onto a good HU.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
I'd suggest getting the Eclipse 8443 ( 2003 top line model, same as 8454. I can't post weblinks yet go to eclipse-webpage to look at the features. I'd switch all MP3s to CDs and the Eclipse HU will cover everything else. Has MP3 Harmonizer, 24bit DAC, DSP, PEQ, Crossovers, and Time alignment. Eclipses are the best HU on the market and almost everyone who wants SQ gets them. Its 420$ for the 8443. Tweeters still has them, but get them fast cause they're the best deal right now. Its normally 600$ for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks