-

Photo

Audiobahn

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Cam McFarland

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 07:55 AM

What is everybodies take on Audiobahn amps?

specifically, the A1500HCX for a sub, & the A2801Q
for some door speakers for my Silverado Ext cab.
Speakers have not been decided on yet....

TIA....Cam

#2 of 6 Brad_Harper

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 05:34 AM

If you look up the opinions on some other car audio websites you will generally read that Audiobahn is more "flash" then substance. A friend of mine used a 2 channel Audiobahn (don't know the model off hand) for his rear 6x9s and it sounded ok to me but for the money there is better equipment out there.

#3 of 6 Cam McFarland

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 01:01 PM

I am impressed by the THD #'s.

All of them claim to be either .02% or
.03%, which beat a BIG percentage of all
the amps that cost ALOT more for same
RMS watt output.

#4 of 6 Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted April 27 2004 - 10:40 AM

Cam,
Just like Home Theater, manufacturers are prone to 'creative measurement'. IOW, you can't directly compare THD numbers between manufacturers (unless you're doing the measurements with the same test bed). Check out & search caraudioforum.com for more options.

#5 of 6 Cam McFarland

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted April 28 2004 - 12:32 AM

Thanks........

#6 of 6 David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 10 2004 - 04:52 PM

i'll tell you what every audio guy will....AUDIOBLOWS. They are highly overrated and are more for rappers who want bling bling. If you want to know a good measure for car audio and what they market thinks about them, check ebay, cause if the consumer doesn't like it they sell it low and if they like it it goes for little less than MSRP. Audiobahn will leave you wanting a better amp. If you want a good amp find Hifonics, they were sold to another company and people thought they went downhill so their products sell pretty cheap on ebay. But really they haven't changed too much. You can get a good RMS amp for 250$. I'd try them before Sony, Kenwood, MA Audio, Pioneer, MTX, Rockford, or most of the "store" brands.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...