What's new

Electronics Break-In, The Easy Way! (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's been a contentious debate hasn't it? People swearing it doesn't or does happen with receivers and speakers. Then there are those that say cables break in and they pay to have their cables cooked so that they'll be broken in right away. But how do you really know? How do you know that guy actually cooked your cables? How long do you really have to play that amp or speaker till it's broken in? Lot's of people have different views on this. Lots of different times. Days. Weeks. Hours. It's all different. But you want to know, don't you? You want something unambiguous. You're the kind of fellow or babe that knows breakin depends on a lot of things. Like whether you live in Denver or Death Valley. Humidity, pollen count, whether those drivers came from Malaysia or Finland. All these things matter. And all these things have a different break-in period. You know this because you're reading this and you're an audiophile.
Well now, there's a product. Brought to you by the infamous Chu research laboratories. A facility where no expense is spared. A place where modern instrumentation and a dedication to hand made isn't just a saying. It's enforced by natural means.

Here is a recent picture of our research and manufacturning staff hard at work making our revolutionary product. We select only people with tiny hands and fingers because they have superior dexterity when assembling our revolutionary product. In a world where unemployment exits and runs ramant, Chu Industries is proud to state that it's employees work 160 hour weeks. Idle hands are the work of the devil you know.

Now the product. It's simple looking but it's made with revolutionary materials. A proprietary spring alloy, of just the right hardness and possessing the correct Hook's constant is used. The outer shell is constructed of a carefully manufactured polymeric substance of a controlled molecular weight distribution and is available in a variety of colors. So how do you use it you ask? Well nothing could be simpler. For speakers, drill a hole in the top and insert the timer. When it pops up, your speakers are broken in. For your receiver or other electronic componet do the same thing. For cables, wires, and those specialty power cords, you can simply used the speaker approach if you already know they're broken in.
The price? Much much less than those stupid Bedini Clarifiers! If you order within the next 30 days and are one of the first 1000 people, you can get a bag of 10 for $1000. And get this! You can buy it on easy-pay! 10 equal $100 payments billed to your credit card. And Chu will make the last payment for you. S/H is only 14.95 and that's Fed-Ex next day!

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
How much does the stock in your company cost? Seems like you finally found your mark!!:D

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Chu:

Please tell me you have a version that works for digital amplifiers, so folks can tame those 1's and 0's.

:D

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Well how do I know if my ears are broken in yet? do I have to be 30 to be able to hear things better? My parents always said I couldnt hear very well, maybe it was when they were beating me.....

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Where's the address to send the money to? I'm sick of waiting for my gear to break in properly - I want to be able to listen ASAP.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
:D :D :D

Very funny. Would making the whip from "high-end" interconnects improve the sonic dynamics of the system further than the basic model, and how much for the extra?

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm...

Probably need to get yourself a girl...

or pay more attention to the one you have...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Chu, you let me down. Don't you know that such products are useless without quotes from reviews in Stereophile and The Absolute Sound waxing eloquent about the "vast soundstaging" and "tight, weighty bass" and "liquid midrange" and "detailed and sweet, yet not analytical" treble to be gained from using the product? :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
JLo's got a nice tight, weighty bass, and I prefer Beyonce's liquid midrange. My recommendations come from Perdue Chicken and Butterball turkey.

Sheesh, I've got a wife and a girlfriend...I'm booked Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks