Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Electronics Break-In, The Easy Way!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 06:37 AM

Yes, it's been a contentious debate hasn't it? People swearing it doesn't or does happen with receivers and speakers. Then there are those that say cables break in and they pay to have their cables cooked so that they'll be broken in right away. But how do you really know? How do you know that guy actually cooked your cables? How long do you really have to play that amp or speaker till it's broken in? Lot's of people have different views on this. Lots of different times. Days. Weeks. Hours. It's all different. But you want to know, don't you? You want something unambiguous. You're the kind of fellow or babe that knows breakin depends on a lot of things. Like whether you live in Denver or Death Valley. Humidity, pollen count, whether those drivers came from Malaysia or Finland. All these things matter. And all these things have a different break-in period. You know this because you're reading this and you're an audiophile.
Well now, there's a product. Brought to you by the infamous Chu research laboratories. A facility where no expense is spared. A place where modern instrumentation and a dedication to hand made isn't just a saying. It's enforced by natural means.
Posted Image
Here is a recent picture of our research and manufacturning staff hard at work making our revolutionary product. We select only people with tiny hands and fingers because they have superior dexterity when assembling our revolutionary product. In a world where unemployment exits and runs ramant, Chu Industries is proud to state that it's employees work 160 hour weeks. Idle hands are the work of the devil you know.
Posted Image
Now the product. It's simple looking but it's made with revolutionary materials. A proprietary spring alloy, of just the right hardness and possessing the correct Hook's constant is used. The outer shell is constructed of a carefully manufactured polymeric substance of a controlled molecular weight distribution and is available in a variety of colors. So how do you use it you ask? Well nothing could be simpler. For speakers, drill a hole in the top and insert the timer. When it pops up, your speakers are broken in. For your receiver or other electronic componet do the same thing. For cables, wires, and those specialty power cords, you can simply used the speaker approach if you already know they're broken in.
The price? Much much less than those stupid Bedini Clarifiers! If you order within the next 30 days and are one of the first 1000 people, you can get a bag of 10 for $1000. And get this! You can buy it on easy-pay! 10 equal $100 payments billed to your credit card. And Chu will make the last payment for you. S/H is only 14.95 and that's Fed-Ex next day!
Posted Image

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   ricky ho

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 08:51 AM

How much does the stock in your company cost? Seems like you finally found your mark!!Posted Image

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 03:05 PM

Best. Thread. Ever.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Brian OK

Brian OK

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 05:16 PM

Chu ..................slow night, huh ?

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Angelo.M

• 4,007 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 05:59 AM

Please tell me you have a version that works for digital amplifiers, so folks can tame those 1's and 0's.

Posted Image

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Mike SJ

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor

• 718 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 08:27 AM

Well how do I know if my ears are broken in yet? do I have to be 30 to be able to hear things better? My parents always said I couldnt hear very well, maybe it was when they were beating me.....

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Yogi

• 1,741 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 08:47 AM

The truth is not out there but within you.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,727 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 09:50 AM

If Chu had never come along it would have been necessary to invent him. Thanks, bro'.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor

• 768 posts

Posted April 26 2004 - 03:29 PM

Where's the address to send the money to? I'm sick of waiting for my gear to break in properly - I want to be able to listen ASAP.
"Are you ready, Jack?"
"I was BORN ready!"

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   PaulDA

• 2,628 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted April 27 2004 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Very funny. Would making the whip from "high-end" interconnects improve the sonic dynamics of the system further than the basic model, and how much for the extra?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator

• 162 posts

Posted April 27 2004 - 02:13 AM

Hmmm... Probably need to get yourself a girl... or pay more attention to the one you have...

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze

• 3,134 posts

Posted April 27 2004 - 08:23 AM

That's what I keep telling to seasoned audiophools! Posted Image At least Chu has a sense of humor. Posted Image

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,655 posts

Posted April 27 2004 - 08:32 AM

Chu, you let me down. Don't you know that such products are useless without quotes from reviews in Stereophile and The Absolute Sound waxing eloquent about the "vast soundstaging" and "tight, weighty bass" and "liquid midrange" and "detailed and sweet, yet not analytical" treble to be gained from using the product? Posted Image

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted April 27 2004 - 08:46 AM

JLo's got a nice tight, weighty bass, and I prefer Beyonce's liquid midrange. My recommendations come from Perdue Chicken and Butterball turkey. Sheesh, I've got a wife and a girlfriend...I'm booked Lee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users