What's new

*** Official MAN ON FIRE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
New trailer is up.
Hot
Hotter
Hottest
(Apologies for the AJ references...damn cable)

I must say I'm getting fairly excited by this. I've been quite the fan of Scott's work. It's decidely middlebrow action, but he always infuses it with a nice personal style and has a fair amount of respect in his audience. I've seen the original film and think it was a great concept although I felt their take was quite cold. This looks like a seriously solid remake of a so-so film.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey I repeated myself in this thread. I'm an idiot. ;)

Two pieces of news, one fact and the other opinion:

Fact: Originally scheduled to open wide this Friday, but now it's opening tomorrow in NY and LA. Apparently Fox is happy about the pre-release chit-chat.

Which leads me to...

Opinion: Saw the movie today. And I dug it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Excellent. I'm pretty well psyched to see it. I have it pegged to out-punish The Punisher (hmmm, shouldn't be hard).

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
You say Tony Scott, Denzel Washington and Christopher Walken and I say: "Here's my money."

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Just watched the trailer for the original version, and there was some seriously good cheese factor there. "They want him to pay the ransom...he wants them to pay with their lives." That said, I like Scott Glenn in just about anything. I'm really looking forward to the new version, looks like some pretty good hardnose action.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am excited to check this film out. Tony Scott is a very solid director, and Denzel is excellent at the tortured man on the edge stuff. Scott is a moron for the double props, but he's right. Anything mainstream using NIN can't be all bad, eh?

Dave Poland (of recently HATING KBv2 fame) had some good things to say about this (and dismissing wishy-washy critics) today.

I'll be checking it out Friday, as I don't live in NY/LA.

Take care,
Chuck

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I loved the original! i don't know why we are getting all these remakes lately (Man On Fire, Charade, The Killer Elite, The Manchurian Candidate, The Flight of the Phoenix, etc.)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Because Hollywood is devoid of ideas. The current trend is to remake something to fit a certain genre to make money or a new addition to an established property or to make a film based on some successful series of novels.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
In additon to Poland (who called MoF the "first great movie of 2004"), Jeffrey Wells is also Link Removed.
:laugh: Me too. I'm there Friday afternoon.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
You know, I think I'm pretty much the same way. I may not love every film they've done, but I don't think I've ever come away without something worthwhile.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I definitely want to see this. Maybe I can get my dad to go see it with me, because it seems like his type of movie.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

Alex, it seems like its just gotten even worse lately with all ove the comic book movies and classic novels being made and remade into feature films.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I think this movie will turn out pretty good. But does anyone else find Tony Scott amazingly hit or miss when it comes to pacing? Revenge is so slow, yet Spy Game is amazingly well paced. True Romance does drag in some areas, and The Fan was just blah! And I just pray this is more of his older movies and less "Beat the Devil".
Thanks

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I see Brian Helgeland has written it. This could go either way, especially since Tony Scott is directing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks