Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Going wireless

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeff_King

Jeff_King

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted April 23 2004 - 08:38 AM

Hey guys I need some help with something. I am an connecting fool, I want everything in my apartment to be connected to everything else. One simple hookup that I have going now is the computer into the stereo receiver. No problem (other than some hum at high volume and a need to have the receiver higher than it would otherwise need to be). Right now I have this connection through a Y splitting RCA cable from the sound card into the receiver. But I do not want to use cable anymore (since I live in a small NYC apt and the cables run across the floor, which I don’t like. So here is where I need help. I don’t want to set up a wireless network to connect my receiver to my Pc, I also do not want to buy a creative wireless receiver because I don’t need a whole new interface, just a new connection. Do you know of any wireless sending devise that I could use to send the signal from my PC soundcard into my receiver?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Steve::Weaver

Steve::Weaver

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted April 23 2004 - 09:47 AM

There are a plethora of "Soundfeeder" type devices that broadcast short ranges over FM that you could pick up on the FM dial on your receiver. If you don't want to use an FM one, Radio Shack sells a 2.4GHz A/V extender that you could just use the audio portion of. I've never used any of them, so I can't vouch for the sound quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users