What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
What do you think are the worst DVD covers out there. I am a big fan of James Bond, and I think the DVD covers are horrible, except for TND Special Edition and DAD. Also Panic Room SE is a joke. LOL

Octopussy is rough.

Dennis

Second Unit
Let me get Excalibur out of the way. It's not only bad, what makes it horrible is the great cover art it originally had. It went from a work of art to some scenes from the film thrown together.

La Bamba might even be worse, a scene of Lou Diamond Phillips singing, they didn't even bother to put in the background.

Lately, Open Range with the "big heads" just begging to be placed near the register at your local supermarket.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I think Universal's bilingual covers on Canadian DVDs are really awful. Back To The Future trilogy particularly.

As for Excalibur, they couldn't even get the tagline right on the new cover. :thumbsdown:

Jim Blackie

Stunt Coordinator
Why would anyone expect this to be a very funny, satirical movie with a collection of amazing actors? Would you even rent this?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Ryan, have you seen the "Zinema" covers for the Bond flicks? I've printed these out, and damn if they don't look spectacular all lined up on the shelf. (There are covers there for all the movies up to TWINE.)

(Note that there is a perfect matching cover for Die Another Day at DVDCoverart...I've printed that one as well.)

They are region-1, but you might still be able to use 'em! :)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Patrick McCart:

Fortunately, I have the original orange Vertgo cover on DVD.

The Matrix Revolutions cover is absolutely atrocious.

Another example of a bad cover (though not on DVD) is the VHS cover of The Patriot. The huge headshot of Mel Gibson looks like he's trying to take a dump. :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Peter Pan (DVD cover compared to theatrical teaser poster):

Looks more like a cover for a TV/direct-to-video release than a theatrical one. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I like the new Manchurian Candidate cover (and the movie).

But I disagree with the guy who said Revolutions has an awful cover. No way! That and Reloaded have some of the BEST covers.

HATE these covers for the Oliver Stone Collection.

HATE the ugly banners on top too.

BTW...what is that site for custom DVD covers? thx

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Real Genius is always my vote, because it wasn't just like a lazy cover, but they took effort to make something remarkably bad and also totally unworthy of the fun film within.

The Matrix: Revolutions cover is just lazy because they couldn't come up with a consistent theme for the cover so they just took each of the theater posters and put them all on the cover. Zero effort, completely inconsistent with the covers of the previous two movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks