What's new

Garfield and Friends Season 1 July 27! (1 Viewer)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Since I LOVE Garfield (and friends), you can bet your bottom dollar that, tomor.....oh, wait.

Yes, I'll be picking this up as soon as it hits shelves...

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Definitely much better priced than the Heathcliff DVDs which aren't even full 30 minute episodes.

Paul

So many good shows that I forgot about that I would love to have on DVD! I LOVE Garfield! I can't wait for the DVD, as well as the movie!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Yeah,

Now they need to announce the Holiday specials (Halloween I am looking at you)...

I will buy this set.

This is definately a surprise considering before it was announced that there would be no season release, but only individual discs.

Makes up a touch for my disappointment over the extremely lackluster Friday the 13th box set coming out this fall.

I know. An R rated slasher series compared to Garfield. I do have many interests in movies and shows ranging throughout every single genre and rating...

Unfortunately, I have no interest in the Garfield movie though. A shame too. They would have been better off just making a new special or cartoon IMO.

I've been looking forward to the Garfield movie for about a year now. When I finally did see the first teaser trailer, it did dampen my excitement a little. I don't mind the CGI Garfield, but why the heck didn't they make Odie CGI as well? That dog just doesn't even look like Odie. It may be the same breed, but you can't find a real dog that looks like him! I mean, as Garfield said in one of the comic strips I once read, how does he even fit his tongue into his mouth? =)

It just won't be as good with a real dog doing corny tricks. Oh well, I'm still going to see it because I'm a huge Garfield fan! =)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I knew the show was coming because I read the blog of one of its writers, and he mentioned that it was coming, so this did not surprise me. I'm not so much looking forward to the movie, I'll probably rent it when it hits DVD, but that will be it.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I keep explaining about the garfield movie.. they only had a 60 million budget for the movie.. so they could only do garfield as CGI.. plus that it would take them much longer do both odie and garfield as CGI.. if they did all of the characters..it would not be released until next year.

it took them a year just do garfield..

JACOB

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
One thing I am concerned is about whether the first 2 seasons' production run will have the original theme (not heard in nearly 15 years), and, for all episodes, the original "quickies" interstitials as they aired. In syndication they are moved around and/or eliminated entirely.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The new release info with the 24 episodes sounds a lot better than the initial rumors which had only 13 episodes included. With that price and that number of episodes, I'll be "forced" to buy this one. Curse you Fox for making me want your DVDs so much!

I remember this being one of the most clever and entertaining shows on Saturday mornings. I even liked the songs. Frankly, I suspect this series will be better than the movie.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
From the trailers I saw for the movie, it wouldn't take much. ;->

My hope is even if the movie bombs that the DVD sets do well enough that they won't halt production on the sets because they think there is a lack of a market.

Paul

MattGentry

Second Unit
Yes, I too hope that they don't halt production because they think there isn't a market.

I'm having the same problem right now with my TMNT Season One release. I LOVE the Turtles, and am really hoping for all the seasons to be released...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think how the movie does will have very little to do with wether or not season 2 is released, I think it will be judged on its own sales. In fact, I don't think the 2 have much to do with other outside of the fact that these Garfield releases were timed to cross promote the movie.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Casey shows wisdom. A movie tie-in might be a good way to spark interest in a first season, AND to motivate a studio to attempt sales of that older related property's first season. But once large sales happen on the first release of that property, it should be its own catalyst for future DVD releases of later seasons.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
of course if the movie is a huge hit, then it should not be a problem.. (I am saying if). fox continued to release the fox series, after it was concelled. I hope that later volume will includes behind the scenes stuff as extras.

JACOB

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I was told by a marketing executive of P.A.W.S. months back that we should also expect to see a 25th Anniversary Special hitting shelves as of last Fall... I wonder what ever happened to that release?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I didn't know that Odie wasn't going to be CGI. This movie just sounds worse and worse the more I hear about it!

I wish they would have just made ALL the characters animated (in 2D) and made the movie before Lorenzo Music died.

I think everyone should already be familiar enough with Garfield that if the movie bombs, it shouldn't affect the Garfield & Friends DVD sales too much.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I posted a special thanks to fox for the release of the tv series of garfield and friends and tv specials in the feedback to the studios.. I suggest that they change the coverart for volume 1 of the garfield tv series.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks