Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JBL nsp1 vs. JBL nsp1 II

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Greg_Mitch

Greg_Mitch

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted April 21 2004 - 12:08 PM

Is there a difference between the nsp1 and the nsp1II? I ordered the nsp1 from bestbuy.com for $149 and received the nsp1II. The only difference I can see is the cone color. Is there anything else?

#2 of 4 greg baker

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted April 21 2004 - 12:30 PM

It is a newer model. I ordered the S26 and received the s26II. I believe that there was a slight difference in the port and the drivers were silver rather than bronze. I think it is just a more recent model number as far as the nsp's go

Greg

#3 of 4 Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator

• 196 posts

Posted April 22 2004 - 02:17 AM

There is some difference in the ports due to a lawsuit with Bose.

#4 of 4 Shane K

Shane K

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted April 22 2004 - 03:35 PM

The only real difference between the series I and series II NSP setups are the color of the drivers and the color of the grilles. The overall sound quality stayed identical.

Series I-lighter bronze color speaker cones and charcoal colored grilles

Series II-darker pewter color speaker cones and jet black colored grilles

There were some cabinet size differences on some of the other northridge bookshelf and tower speakers but the n-center and n-24's stayed the same. Hope this helps.

Kinger