Photo
- - - - -

Anyone heard of Something Corporate? (alternative band)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Karen_Cox

Karen_Cox

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 10:32 AM

i'm new here but i wanted to see if anyone was into this band as much as me. they are touring all over right now and i know someone out there had to of seen them. i got some info on where they're going to be this week from umg. here it is:

4/20/2004Detroit MIState Theater
4/21/2004Cleveland OHScene Pavillion
4/22/2004Indianapolis INEgyptian Room
4/23/2004Chicago ILRiviera Theatre
4/24/2004St. Peters MN Gustavus Adolphus College
4/25/2004Charleston ILLantz Arena

ooh..i did some lookin on their website and they also have alotta coo promos where you could get an autographed xbox and stuff from both bands! that's freakin tight! (the link is something corporate.com/yellocard). and if you havent heard of em..i think they also have a lil jukebox player on their site..so sample some songs! i love "space" and "me and the moon" but you tell me your favs. hehe. laters.

#2 of 7 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 04:16 PM

I've heard of Something Corporate, but I haven't heard much music by them. However, I do really like Yellowcard. I'll be sure to check out SC sometime soon.
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#3 of 7 Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted April 21 2004 - 09:36 AM

I have both Audioboxer and North by Something Corporate. Great albums and some dang catchy songs!
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#4 of 7 Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted April 21 2004 - 05:36 PM

I saw Something Corporate when I went to see a taping of the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn. They were pretty good, however, I felt like an ass when lining up for the show. The guy in charge, Jay, was asking everyone if they were there to see "something corporate". I thought he was trying to make some sort of political statement like The Tonight Show is more "corporate" than the Late Late Show which was "alternative." After a few "what the hell are you talking about"'s, he moved on. However, the girls behind us screamed "HELL YES WE'RE HERE TO SEE SOMETHING CORPORATE! THOSE GUYS ARE HOT!" It was at that point that I truly realized that I picked the wrong profession. I have yet to have groups of hot young women come into my office screaming, "Oh yeah baby, work that statistical analysis!"
"My name is El Nino which in spanish means.... The Nino!" - Chris Farley

#5 of 7 David_Stein

David_Stein

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted April 22 2004 - 04:38 AM

i dont think you can have a more appropriate name for this corporate "emopoppunk" garbage.

#6 of 7 MikeH1

MikeH1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 22 2004 - 03:19 PM

Their catchy but after a few listens you realize its just another glossy pop punk band. Kind of like Thriving Ivory. Music geared for chicks so they can have a 90% female audience and "get it on" once the show is over.

#7 of 7 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted April 22 2004 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
Music geared for chicks so they can have a 90% female audience and "get it on" once the show is over.
Posted Image If I was in a band, I'd be sure to join one like that!
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users