What's new

Will Dick Van Dyke Show season 5 include the CBS special? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I know this is asking too much, and it probably won't happen. But since the last season of the Dick Van Dyke show is scheduled for DVD release on June 29th, and with CBS airing a new episode of the Dick Van Dyke show titled "The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited" on May 11th, wouldn't it be awesome if it would be included as part of the extras on the last season DVD set?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's asking too much. :)

The Season 5 set has already been finalized, and is probably heading for mass production before that special airs. For a complete list of special features on that set, read the news I posted last night.

Also of interest are the Best-Of releases that were announced at the same time; they have no extras, though.

(I was a little surprised that David VP wasn't jumping around like a kid in a candy store at the announcements! :D )

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, I don't know that he was jumping around, but he did mention those newsbits in his personal review thread for season 3...we even had a good DVD on VHS discussion.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
You bet your sweet Uhny Uftz I did! :) ;)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...77#post2154977

That post there (re. the S.5 and Best-Of details) even beat Mr. Lambert & TVShowsOnDVD to the punch by three days. ;)

And, yes, I'm currently cartwheeling all over the central USA. I really like that S.5 cover, too. (I would imagine the "continuing motion" portion of that would be Laura twirling into Rob's arms...wouldn't ya think?)

Also -- Re. the S.5 "Bonus Materials". .... I'm very glad to see that least a small portion of the "Other Woman" 1969 Special will be on the DVDs. I guess they were able to get SOME music rights. Or--maybe it'll just be a clip of Dick & MTM chatting (like with the S.3 clip of Van Dyke & Co.). We'll see.

Also keep in mind -- that not ALL of the extras (for whatever odd reason) have been revealed for any of the DVD-on-DVD sets via Image's website. They completely omitted the S.4 info of "The Full-Length CBS Special: The Dick Van Dyke Show Remembered" (which can be seen on the box cover via www.thewalnuttimes.com).

The "Walnut" site has been slow to put up additional info for S.4 and 5 (and even S.3 actually). I keep looking for the huge box blow-up photos on there for S.5. Because I'm guessing (and hoping) that another unmentioned S.5 extra will be the "Complete TV-Land Dick Van Dyke Special From 2000".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks