Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Deadwood -Ep5 "Trial of Jack McCall"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 06:42 AM

Another Great episode IMHO ..a little slower but still very riveting.

Al : You want a blowjob while we talk ?
Judge : No
Al : I wasn't offering personally .

LOL classic
Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#2 of 22 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 19 2004 - 06:46 AM

A slower episode, but great nonetheless. I don't think historically Bullock kills McCall, but he will now become Sheriff.

I like the set up for Jane helping the sick. She was pivotal in helping Deadwood survive the smallpox epidemic.

#3 of 22 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 06:58 AM

I just wonder if maybe Bullock will capture McCall & take him & turn him in to another town to stand trial again,that seems to be more logical in a historical way.

Next Episode is
episode 6, "Plague"

Bullock encounters native resistance in his quest to bring a murderer to justice. Swearengen presses a resentful Farnum to keep tabs on Alma and Trixie; the camp fathers pool their resources to dispatch riders after precious vaccine and build a sick tent; Cochran enlists Jane as a nurse and Swearengen collaborates on an article appearing in the Deadwood Pioneer.

Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#4 of 22 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 07:57 AM

A bit slower than normal as mentioned, but I had the pleasure of watching this on a friends new HDTV setup via Cox cable. Deadwood never looked so good in my eyes!!!
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#5 of 22 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 08:29 AM

"I still mark the anniversary" Posted Image
I gotta get to Nebraska...

Great episode.

"I apologize..."
"Shut the f*** up!"

#6 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 08:58 AM

I really like Al Swearengin(sp?), the guy is such a prick, and he plays it perfectly. "Go clean somewhere I can't see you." He is one of my favorites, and he is surrounded by idiots.

How many times is Seth and Saul going to have to help bury a body? Wild Bill was the 3rd so far.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#7 of 22 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 10:32 AM

i didn't get the discussion between the judge and al? it seems like al somehow "coerced" the judge, but i'm not sure how he did it???

also, it looks like what's his name is gonna chase down wild bill's killer? should be interesting.

also looks like the prostitute isn't givin' up any of that dope like she's supposed to. hmmm....

#8 of 22 OFFLINE   Eric R C

Eric R C

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 10:59 AM

Lesbian kissing scene?

#9 of 22 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
i didn't get the discussion between the judge and al? it seems like al somehow "coerced" the judge, but i'm not sure how he did it???

I think the trial was decided by the Jury going to the Whores' rooms to "deliberate"..Judge just went along with it,not wanting to bring attention on the camp (from the US Gov) ..Same as Al wanted basically

Quote:
also looks like the prostitute isn't givin' up any of that dope like she's supposed to. hmmm....

She is providing the powder from Doc instead of the dope for a few reasons I think ...mainly to Screw Al (while not getting caught) & probably because she knows All that Al has done to Alma already & she wants to help her out..She did the same type of thing by talking Dan out of telling Al about Elsworth (Seeing Brom's murder)..Just a little satisfaction for her... putting the screws to Al when she can get away with it

What does everyone think happened to REV Smith ..seemed like an epileptic seizure maybe?
Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#10 of 22 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 12:10 PM

Great episode with many great lines.

I was sad when it ended.
We're Texas.

#11 of 22 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
an epileptic seizure maybe?
yeah, that's what i was thinking. it seemed kinda odd. it was sad how everyone just kept walking by. i wonder what significance that'll have as well. rev seems like a nice enough guy, but he was driving what's his name crazy. Posted Image

#12 of 22 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 12:35 PM

I thought Farnum's soliloquy as he scrubbed the floor was a great piece of William Sanderson acting.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#13 of 22 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 01:05 PM

^^^ Who's blood stain was he cleaning up? I can't remember anyone being killed in a room in Farnum's Hotel,I'll have to watch that again I guess
Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#14 of 22 OFFLINE   Chas_T

Chas_T

Supporting Actor

• 758 posts

Posted April 19 2004 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
What does everyone think happened to REV Smith ..seemed like an epileptic seizure maybe?

I thought the same thing. However, during the previews for next week, I thought I saw some other cowboys doing the same thing. It was late, (watching west coast HBO feed in EST) so I might be mistaken. I'll have to watch it again.

Really like this Deadwood series. At first I was not intrigued, but it's sucked me in big time. I truly hated to see Wild Bill get the bullet. Loved his character.

Also, I've been to Nebraska!!! Posted Image

#15 of 22 OFFLINE   CharlesD

CharlesD

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
Who's blood stain was he cleaning up?

Tim Driscoll (the guy who sold the claim to the Dude from back east) was knifed in the hotel room by Al's side-kick (Dan Doriety) E.B. then wheeled the body over to the pig-sty.

#16 of 22 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 03:01 AM

^^ Right ,I forgot about him ...Thanks!
Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#17 of 22 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 03:05 AM

Quote:
Lesbian kissing scene?

Very hot. Did it to piss off the saloon owner. They must have some real wacked-out relationship. I'm wondering if that woman will become a major player, one of the big madams that comes to great prominence in Deadwood.

I see the rev's seizure as being one of two things:
- A symptom of some ailment or mental condition he suffers from. I mean, that guy's just not right in the head.
- The beginning of the plague.

#18 of 22 OFFLINE   Joey_R

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 05:19 AM

I LOVED the slur that Bullock directed at McCall.

It sounded like, "Jupe-eyed" f**ker. I've never heard that one. And...I can't find anything about it on the 'Net.

How is it spelled? I may need to employ it some day! Posted Image

#19 of 22 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 05:34 AM

What is "Laudinum"(sp?)? I assume it was a medication used as a narcotic. Is it still used today?

Thanks!
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#20 of 22 OFFLINE   CharlesD

CharlesD

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted April 20 2004 - 05:55 AM

Laudanum was opium dissolved in alcohol and was widely used as a pain killer in the 19th century.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow