What's new

Deadwood -Ep5 "Trial of Jack McCall" (1 Viewer)

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Another Great episode IMHO ..a little slower but still very riveting.

Al : You want a blowjob while we talk ?
Judge : No
Al : I wasn't offering personally .

LOL classic

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
A slower episode, but great nonetheless. I don't think historically Bullock kills McCall, but he will now become Sheriff.

I like the set up for Jane helping the sick. She was pivotal in helping Deadwood survive the smallpox epidemic.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I just wonder if maybe Bullock will capture McCall & take him & turn him in to another town to stand trial again,that seems to be more logical in a historical way.

Next Episode is
episode 6, "Plague"

Bullock encounters native resistance in his quest to bring a murderer to justice. Swearengen presses a resentful Farnum to keep tabs on Alma and Trixie; the camp fathers pool their resources to dispatch riders after precious vaccine and build a sick tent; Cochran enlists Jane as a nurse and Swearengen collaborates on an article appearing in the Deadwood Pioneer.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
A bit slower than normal as mentioned, but I had the pleasure of watching this on a friends new HDTV setup via Cox cable. Deadwood never looked so good in my eyes!!!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
"I still mark the anniversary" :laugh:
I gotta get to Nebraska...

Great episode.

"I apologize..."
"Shut the f*** up!"

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I really like Al Swearengin(sp?), the guy is such a prick, and he plays it perfectly. "Go clean somewhere I can't see you." He is one of my favorites, and he is surrounded by idiots.

How many times is Seth and Saul going to have to help bury a body? Wild Bill was the 3rd so far.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i didn't get the discussion between the judge and al? it seems like al somehow "coerced" the judge, but i'm not sure how he did it???

also, it looks like what's his name is gonna chase down wild bill's killer? should be interesting.

also looks like the prostitute isn't givin' up any of that dope like she's supposed to. hmmm....

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

She is providing the powder from Doc instead of the dope for a few reasons I think ...mainly to Screw Al (while not getting caught) & probably because she knows All that Al has done to Alma already & she wants to help her out..She did the same type of thing by talking Dan out of telling Al about Elsworth (Seeing Brom's murder)..Just a little satisfaction for her... putting the screws to Al when she can get away with it

What does everyone think happened to REV Smith ..seemed like an epileptic seizure maybe?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, that's what i was thinking. it seemed kinda odd. it was sad how everyone just kept walking by. i wonder what significance that'll have as well. rev seems like a nice enough guy, but he was driving what's his name crazy. ;)

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
^^^ Who's blood stain was he cleaning up? I can't remember anyone being killed in a room in Farnum's Hotel,I'll have to watch that again I guess

Chas_T

Supporting Actor

I thought the same thing. However, during the previews for next week, I thought I saw some other cowboys doing the same thing. It was late, (watching west coast HBO feed in EST) so I might be mistaken. I'll have to watch it again.

Really like this Deadwood series. At first I was not intrigued, but it's sucked me in big time. I truly hated to see Wild Bill get the bullet. Loved his character.

Also, I've been to Nebraska!!! ;)

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Tim Driscoll (the guy who sold the claim to the Dude from back east) was knifed in the hotel room by Al's side-kick (Dan Doriety) E.B. then wheeled the body over to the pig-sty.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Very hot. Did it to piss off the saloon owner. They must have some real wacked-out relationship. I'm wondering if that woman will become a major player, one of the big madams that comes to great prominence in Deadwood.

I see the rev's seizure as being one of two things:
- A symptom of some ailment or mental condition he suffers from. I mean, that guy's just not right in the head.
- The beginning of the plague.

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
I LOVED the slur that Bullock directed at McCall.

It sounded like, "Jupe-eyed" f**ker. I've never heard that one. And...I can't find anything about it on the 'Net.

How is it spelled? I may need to employ it some day! :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What is "Laudinum"(sp?)? I assume it was a medication used as a narcotic. Is it still used today?

Thanks!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Laudanum was opium dissolved in alcohol and was widely used as a pain killer in the 19th century.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks