What's new

a BIG THANK YOU to everybody here! My Tempest is done (1 Viewer)

Bill**H

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I should post a BIG THANK YOU to everybody here. With out you and the Forum I would have never tried to build a Tempest AA! I am not a wood guy at all and you all made it very easy for me to build it. I have never used a router before and I even made my own circle jig with your help. If I can build one of these with your help anybody can!

I would post a picture but, I can not seem to get it on here?

Thank You one and all!!

Bill

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Bill,

There's one thing about building your own nice sub - you appreciate the sound that it can produce for such little money. Plus, since almost any homebuilt sub could trounce on any sub sold by Best Buy or Circuit City, you longer have to feel envious when you go into those stores because you'll know you have something better at home.

Plus, homebuilt subs tread up on and even best some of the better subs that are sold only via the Internet.

Looking forward to your pics of your build. :)

SurfHB

Grip
WOW! man that is awesome! What size of is the sub gonna be? Where did you get the instructions on "how to" to do that? I would LOVE to do something like that for my HT. Can you give me any direction or instrutions? Thanks

Bill**H

Stunt Coordinator
Graham,

I'll start a new thread, "Tempest Pictures". Allen Ross has been kind enough to post them for me. I also sent one of my home made circle jig for the router. I built the Sub over at my next door neighbors as he has everything! He only helped me glue it up, I did everything else. He only had 2 36 inch clamps so, I used them and ratchet straps for clamps. They worked real well!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks