What's new

Tivo/Replay TV with Direct TV (1 Viewer)

Patrick.M

Auditioning
I currently subscribe to Digital Cable service, and was thinking of going with Direct TV.

My question is pretty straight forward. Is there a way I can record a channel, and watch an entirely different station?

Or, do you need the DirecTivo to do this?
Or, does ReplayTV/Tivo do these on thier own.

I really want to get ReplayTV, but if directivo is the only way, I guess I'm stuck.

Patrick

StephenL

Second Unit
Two options:

1. A DirecTV receiver with TiVo (which has two tuners).

or

2. Two DirecTV receivers and a stand-alone recorder.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Patrick,
I held out for a long time on picking up a Tivo. I liked the component output of the ReplayTV and a few other features, along with the idea of moving the recorder to wherever I wanted.
However, when my family and I moved this past month, we decided to get a DirecTivo for the living room HT and see if we liked it. We were wrong... we LOVE it! I can have Teletubbies at the push of a button for my kids, recored SNL when I'm closing at work on Saturday, etc, etc. It's great, and it's all saved in digital on the hard drive, without the extra conversion to analog after leaving the satellite receiver and going to an external recorder. For my money, you can't beat it!

Matt Wallace

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks