Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tivo/Replay TV with Direct TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick.M

Patrick.M

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 06:36 AM

I currently subscribe to Digital Cable service, and was thinking of going with Direct TV.

My question is pretty straight forward. Is there a way I can record a channel, and watch an entirely different station?

Or, do you need the DirecTivo to do this?
Or, does ReplayTV/Tivo do these on thier own.

I really want to get ReplayTV, but if directivo is the only way, I guess I'm stuck.

Patrick

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   StephenL

StephenL

Second Unit

• 341 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 10:09 AM

Two options:

1. A DirecTV receiver with TiVo (which has two tuners).

or

2. Two DirecTV receivers and a stand-alone recorder.
"It's most disappointing. I shall have to go all-out on some modifications."

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted April 18 2004 - 08:09 PM

Patrick,
I held out for a long time on picking up a Tivo. I liked the component output of the ReplayTV and a few other features, along with the idea of moving the recorder to wherever I wanted.
However, when my family and I moved this past month, we decided to get a DirecTivo for the living room HT and see if we liked it. We were wrong... we LOVE it! I can have Teletubbies at the push of a button for my kids, recored SNL when I'm closing at work on Saturday, etc, etc. It's great, and it's all saved in digital on the hard drive, without the extra conversion to analog after leaving the satellite receiver and going to an external recorder. For my money, you can't beat it!

Matt Wallace
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....