What's new

DTS Online is Having a HUGE sale!! (1 Viewer)

Jamie Shimizu

Auditioning
DTS online http://store.dtsonline.com is selling all there DTS DVD's for $12.95 New!!! and there DTS music DVDs are $7.95!!
They say they are updating all there packaging to new jewel boxes and are getting rid of all there old inventory. Just placed an order for a bunch of dvd's.
Never bought any DVD's except a sampler from them before. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and if they are a reputable company.
Jamie

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I wonder if this'll be like the time they were "selling" all their titles for $5. . .they didn't end up honoring the orders of anyone I know!

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Burn me once...
angry.gif

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, it's $5.00 for the first, and .50 (cents) for everyone after that...I have about 10 in my cart and still going strong :)

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
Oops...Bill, what problems did you have with them? Are they not reputable? You'd think, since it's direct from the manufacturer, they's be good to go through. Thanks.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
ugh, guess their web server can't handle the load right now. Internal Server Errors left and right...
~~Nathan
------------------
...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Yeah, we'll see if they honor any of the orders placed. This isn't the first "sale" dts has had.
furious.gif

------------------
fightclub33.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on November 12, 2001 at 07:44 PM]

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Quote: "Bill, what problems did you have with them? Are they not reputable? You'd think, since it's direct from the manufacturer, they's be good to go through."
They had a "promotion" awhile back where they "cleared out" DVDs for $5 each...just like this "promotion", oddly enough. Except when it came time to fill the orders, they decided not to--leaving lots of unhappy campers who promised never to return to the DTS site. (I'm sure you'll hear from more of us in this thread.)
Plus, the DTS web site is one of the worst commerce sites I've ever seen. It features genuine 1997-vintage Internet technology and their server can't handle a load of more than two simultaneous users!
eek.gif

[Edited last by Bill Balcziak on November 12, 2001 at 07:52 PM]

Billy C.

Agent
Why would they run a sale if they had no intention of honoring the prices? What would they have to gain by doing that?

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
Had my shopping cart full and went to check out...and...*poof* internal error or some crap, lost the entire order...I'll try tommorrow I guess.
frown.gif

Brian O

Second Unit
The DTS DVDs all seem to be $12.50 too. At least, all of the ones that would come up when I clicked on them. Some said "server error".
Those DVDs on sale include movie, concerts, and Imax. T2-Ultimate Edition for $12.50!
Shipping in U.S. for UPS Ground is $5.00 for first disc and then $.50 each additional. Calif. residents pay sales tax.
------------------
[Edited last by Brian O on November 12, 2001 at 08:20 PM]

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Just placed an order for 10 discs and was able to complete it after just a couple of "Internal Error" messages. We'll see what develops. If they make good, I'd have kicked myself for not jumping at it. Pitch Black, American Beauty, MIB, and Jaws for only $12.50 each? Hot damn.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Cancelling customer orders and the Web site not working properly....sounds shady for a so-called reputable company.
furious.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks