Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Local Radios take an FCC Stab at Sirius/XM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 17 2004 - 01:47 AM

http://cnn.netscape.....&w=RTR&coview=Local Radio goes to FCC

The argument is the broadcast of traffic/weather violates SIRIUS/XM's arrangement with the FCC, and they should be prohibited from doing it.

We'll see.

Intercom communication, the conglomo that owns a slew of stations here in KC, is repeatedly airing ads trouncing satellite radio about twice/three times as hour now.

Apparently, they take it seriously Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   ScottCarr

ScottCarr

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted May 01 2004 - 08:47 AM

Well if you live in Boston you can hear th traffic report on WBZ on the 3. WBZ is the go to station.

Knowing that what makes someone think that at 7:03 I would not go from the garbage radio shows loaded with jibberous non-sense and lousy music to the traffic report for the 45 seconds and then return to the fantastic FM brosdcasts.

I listen to Sirius about 85% of the time. I want to hear music on my way to and from work. Not commercial after commercial or about some gimmic or whatever else. I WANT MUSIC and I am willing to pay for it. If they offer traffic great if not there is always AM.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DaleBesh

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 10:38 AM

If more radio stations do the same, that says a lot about competition. For now Sat radio is hard to beat.
But this is probably a good reason to pay for it month to month and not get looped into a contract.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted June 10 2004 - 10:27 AM

This is an interesting debate... i was considering purchasing XM or Sirius (which is why i'm on these boards)... and always wondered how it works.

it'll be interesting to see how these things develop.