What's new

Must...have...info on the DVD release of the Dawn of the Dead remake (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
For some reason the wait for DVD is especially difficult for me and the Dawn of the Dead remake. Does anyone have any rumors or possible street dates? The only thing I've heard is the possibility of an unrated cut.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
DavisDVD is reporting a July 27th release for the remake. Hopefully Universal will officially announce it soon.

Will K

Screenwriter
That cover is pretty, but are we going to get screwed out of another unrated horror film?

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
No, there's supposed to be two versions released simultaneously. The R-rated theatrical cut (for Blockbuster) and an unrated cut either 10 or 25 minutes longer.

More info should be out hopefully by the end of the week.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Good news. I wish they would've used that poster of the freaky little kid for the cover though!

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Hey thanks Patrick! The cover's great and it's nice to know we're getting the unrated cut after all. I was going to buy it anyway even if it wasn't unrated but it's great to know for sure. Of course, we all know there's going to be four different versions...pan & scan unrated, pan & scan rated, widescreen unrated, widescreen rated. I think I speak for every fan of the film here by saying we're going with the unrated widescreen edition.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Funny, I was just thinking today about when we'd get some info on this.

Can Not WAIT for this disc to come out!

-paul

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
At this point I'm wondering if Universal has postponed the release date. They have already announced Connie and Carla for an August release and the month of July is already filling up with announced titles like Hellboy.

If Universal is still going ahead with a July 27 release they should be announcing it in the next couple of weeks, they wouldn't announce it one month before its release.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I can wait for october if it is indeed a uncut version. Maybe they want to get this in stores with Anchor Bays boxset for the original (rumored for Sept.)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm hearing October now too. 5 more months until I can watch it again...Tom Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part.

I was hoping Patrick could chime in on this...

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Aw man, that's somewhat dissapointing, but I guess if I think about it...October..Halloween, pretty good timing.

Ok, it's fine with me now.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Oh man, I hope they don't do the 4 releases thing. makes this so complicated with not all stores carrying the "right" version. Then again not sure I want both foolscreen and widescreen on same disk. waste of space...

I would have LOVED but theatrical and un-rated on same disk. THAT would have been gold for me. seamless branching would have just sent me over the edge. now I'm dreaming.

Hey maybe one day and HTFer will be working at the department that makes these decisions and we will finally get perfect release...

A guy can dream...

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
This is getting ridiculous. If Universal didn't want to announce the film they shouldn't have released the cover art one month ago. They sent the fans into a frenzy of speculation and made the wait even more difficult. All I want is an official street date, even if it is October. 'Ladykillers' and 'Scooby Doo 2' just got announced and they came out a week after it.

My guess with the October release isn't that they want to tie in with Halloween but 'Resident Evil Apocalypse'. Think about it, people see one zombie movie, they go buy another zombie movie...or even their own 'Van Helsing' which is rumored to be an October 12 release.

Please Universal, if you're reading this, give us some ACTUAL info.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator

Honestly, do you think Universal care about that? :)

My guess is that it was slated for July but have changed the release to time with Halloween. That's my guess.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
That's because Universal is a studio built around tie-ins. Uni is releasing 'Jesus Christ Superstar' on-surprise surprise- the same day Mel Gibson's 'Passion' streets. And then there's the whole matter of them waiting 6 months to release 'The Rundown' just to tie in with the theatrical release of 'Walking Tall'...oh and 'The Bourne Identity' special edition which I won't even start on.

Eh, what's the use? Universal isn't one for fan comments apparently and I guess my opinion is as a great man once put "so much toilet water decoration".

I give up. Universal can announce it when they want to I won't care. Man...am I a 'Dawn' addict or what :D?

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
So..uh...is it October officially now? Fine with me, but kinda curious is this is a solid date. Well sometime in October..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks