Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Target release date 7/20/2004- the version with Gene Hackman?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 12:59 AM

I was looking through various website's release lists, and found this one listed for July, but with no information whatsoever about the movie. Is this the 1985 movie with Hackman and Matt Dillon? It's always been a favorite of mine...
Kevin

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Roebuck

Kevin Roebuck

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 03:42 AM

I hope it is the Gene Hackman version. This was a very good movie that no one talks about. I still have the full frame laser disc, but, it would be great to get a proper dvd version.Posted Image

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, I have the LD, too. It looks like P&S to me, though; the framing looks all wrong to me. I noticed the credits are anamorphically squeezed, so that they display properly on my 16x9's display. Unfortunately it doesn't stay that way throughout the whole movie!
Kevin

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Thomas Agermose

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 10:58 PM

I believe it is the 1985 film with Gene Hackman. Although Paramount are releasing it in R2, the original production company was CBS. Some websites have the title listed as Target (CBS), that does it for me. Warner have the US video rights so a R1 release might not happen simultaneously.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,376 posts

Posted April 16 2004 - 01:28 PM

I believe Paramount has all U.S. video rights to CBS product at this time.