What's new

Batman Animated DVD Release Date? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Has a release date been set yet for Batman TAS besides 'Summer'? I'm getting anxious on this one as I'm sure many of you are as well.

Bryan

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Sorry, nothing yet. Warner is just about done (or already done) announcing all of it's June titles and is slowly working it's way into it's July releases. So, essentially, if the set is due in the "summer", an announcement could be coming any day now. Of course, early September is sometimes still considered the summer so we'll see.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

My guess (and this is only a guess) is that the Batman set will be released on July 13th. The Justice League: Star Crossed DVD is scheduled (according to Amazon) for then and it would make sense to release both at the same time. Not to mention the ToonZone report about how single volumes and box sets would most likely be released side by side.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Well then, who wants to get this for me for my birthday on the 15th? : )

Whenever this set comes, it is likely to be worth the wait. My suspicion is that Warner will want to tie it to the premiere of the new animated series, The Batman (coming to WB and Cartoon Network).

Real Name
Anthony
This is from www.dvdtimes.org :

The previews catalogue July edition, which lists comic books and comic related paraphernalia, has listed in its July solicitations:

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES SEASON 1 DVD BOX SET
From Warner Home Video, Inc.! In 1992, the birth of Warner Bros. Batman: The Animated Series redefined the Batman Universe forever, embodying the dark image fans have come to love while maintaining the heroic qualities identified with the character. The Darknight Detective takes on a gallery of some of his deadliest and most bizarre foes, including the Joker, Poison Ivy, and the Scarecrow, in this DVD set collecting the original first season episodes from the Emmy Award-winning Batman: The Animated Series. Scheduled to ship in July 2004.
DVD $44.98

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Thank you much Anthony! Good news for all! Well...except for my wallet, but he'll be ok with it.

Bryan

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Any speculation on what the packaging might be like? Are there any recent WB animated sets that might provide a clue? When I think about the attention to art & design displayed in BTAS (and books like BATMAN ANIMATED) I start to imagine all kinds of cool possibilties. And with all the excitement over the new animated series and BATMAN BEGINS, I think WB should be lavishing some special care on the best animated or live action Batman so far.

(Calling Chip Kidd..come in Chip Kidd...no, seriously, does anyone know Chip Kidd?)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
"Simple, but effective" would be fine with me! I've made Thinpak custom covers for all the single-disc releases featuring the silhouette logo from the credits. That is the whole show right there, for me. I've hated the snapper art, which is very photoshoppy and loses the spirit of the animation.

But packaging concerns are secondary--I am just psyched for this set!

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I could go for the Batman art that appeared in the credits. I'll tell ya, maybe if the series sets sell well, WB will do a SE of Mask of the Phantasm....

Bryan

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I am hoping the art will be something close to the show's tone. I've bene trying so hard to find out, but no such luck. I'm worried it'll be that cut and paste promo art that has ravaged the JUSTICE LEAGUE DVDs. I don't want to see that.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Well, here's hopin'. But I'm thinking digipaks seem to be pretty hot right now. Some I like, though, like FREAKS & GEEKS. (On my ALIEN:CE and ALIENS:CE the plastic trays just fall off the cardboard, the glue doesn't work too well.)

Tangent: Most of my standard keepcases are now Thinpaks, I just trim 1/8" off the sides of the cover insert. With cool booklets and chapter inserts going the way of the dodo for so many studios, I prefer Thinpaks. And if they were clear, both sides of the cover could be printed, so you could still have chapters inside, and maybe poster art (also gone the way of the dodo) on the right, under the hub. Heck, the 1-piece insert could even fold out for an essay or something...OK, now I'm dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks