-

Photo

audio dropouts in Willy Wonka WS in elevator rides from main menu?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   rob kilbride

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 07:39 AM

During the elevator rides that follow each menu option there are several pops and or audio dropouts. My disc does have a manufacturers defect where the metal layer has a scratch on the outer edge. DO you think this is because of the defect or has anyone else experienced this? By the way I have a Sony DVP-S530D.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 07:46 AM

I have the exact same problem, with the same DVD player. I think it's a minor annoyance, but not something I'm really concerned about. I'm just happy to have the Wonka SE in OAR.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,897 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 08:13 AM

I think -- or at least this was my initail
impression -- that those so-called audio
dropouts are done purposely to give the effect
of the Wonka elevator traveling.

------------------
Posted Image

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: hometheaterforum@home.com
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy packy@hometheaterforum.com

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   rob kilbride

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 08:14 AM

I had similar problems with Dinosaur SE, Snow White , and now Wonka. Dinosaur SE doesn't have this problem on my friend's Playstation and I assume probably not with the others either. I think the player probably needs a firmware upgrade. I called Sony and they wanted me to bring it in for service. But I wasn't willing to part with my only player while they figured out what the problem was. I emailed them asking why couldn't they test it on their own player and own disc and when the upgrade is ready give me a call, but I got no answer. So whenever I get my next player I'll bring it in for service.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Christopher_X

Christopher_X

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be like that, however annoying. Either the sample was too short or they thought it was a clever way of simulating a wacky elevator ride.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian_J

Brian_J

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 11:48 AM

I think its more of the studio conspiracy to keep us from buying OAR! Posted Image

Brian

------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Zed's Dead Baby...

XBOX Tag: DreadMantis