What's new

SVS packaging (1 Viewer)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
My svs sub arrived the other day. It looked as if it had been dragged behind the truck, instead of riding in it. Several small holes 1"-2" in diameter, and one huge hole 5"x8".
There is a small dent on one of the corners of the sub.
The foam used to support the unit seems strong and well placed. But rather than being glued, the box was taped with clear packaging tape.
My question is:
Does SVS use new boxes to ship their subs in?
It's hard to believe a box could be so beaten up in one journey.
-miles
here's a link to a picture
http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/...&postid=172416

Seth_B

Grip
I've read several SVS shipping horror stories from Ron and Tom. Sadly, your shipping problems probably do not even make the top twenty in terms of total damage.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
You did contact them to get a replacement right? Just wondering since you did not mention this in your post.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Believe it. And yes, they use new boxes.

UPS brutalizes some of the SVS shipments. I think they actually relish finding out just how much damage they can inflict on the package before it gets to you. They've even been known to drop the box off the end of the loading dock and ruin the woofer.

The fact that like 99.9% of SV subs survive the abuse unscathed is testament to the well engineered/designed packaging and the general toughness of the product itself.

But every now and then, UPS extracts its pound of flesh and the sub must be returned due to shipping damage. Fortunately for the customer, this is invisible and painless after the first email to SVS; they handle everything internally with UPS, there is no paperwork on your end, and they get you a new sub ASAP.

Regards,

Ed

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I've witnessed some pretty sad shipping "practices" by the carriers. I'd be willing to bet that the casing used to ship your sub was nice and new when it left the warehouse.
It just seems like someone with a "attitude" had some fun with your shipment. :frowning:

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
"And yes, they use new boxes."

I pretty much expected this was the case, just wanted to hear it from other owners.

Yes I think "ups" should be taken to task on this kind of crap. The box clearly states "this side up" and yet the dark staining on the box indicates it was pushed/dragged on the wrong side. There is even a footprint on the side of the box where some moron must have kicked the box.

The dent on the corner of the sub is small 2" long, 1/4" deep and the paint is still attached.

My dilemma is:

Do I want to subject the sub to a return trip shipment to the factory, then yet another torture trip back to me.

I just want to know that nothing was damaged internally.

thanks,

-Miles

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
I'd send that sucker back regardless. Could you really be happy with it knowing it arrived damaged? If it's going to get damaged, you at least want the satisfaction of having done it yourself, not by some overpaid UPS moron.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Miles,

I'm sorry to hear that your SVS sub arrived in damaged condition. It is a tragedy that you weren't able to just sit back and enjoy your new purchase without some sick individual having got at it first.

My PCi arrived in Denmark via Bax International and a Danish national parcel delivery service as if it had been carefully carried across the road from SVS despatch by Tom himself. Not a scratch anywhere on the packaging! I could hardly believe how fresh the packaging looked on arrival after a week of air & road travel.

Sadly you have been the victim of at least one evil SOB. They are found in all walks of life. One day technology will allow a parcel to tell exactly whose hands it passed through and these sad individuals can finally be eliminated from the delivery equation.

ChrisBee

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Email SVS customer service and you'll see first hand how well SVS handles shipping damage claims. I would take a bunch of digi pics of the box and sub, though, as evidence for the claim.

Your inconvenience will be kept to a bare minimum and Ron, Erik, Tom and others at SVS will make sure you are totally satisfied. You shouldn't have to "settle" for a dented in corner on a new sub, and also have worries in the back of your mind about internal damage.

Trust me, nobody beats SVS for customer service; just let them know what happened.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
My box was fine when my PC+ arrived last summer. I even have a picture of it if you click on the House icon in the tool bar above. I used to use it as my projector stand! It should be located on the first page of pics I think. I'd look, but I'd steal some of the bandwidth and it might close down for an hour.:rolleyes:(free site)

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'd introduce the local UPS dude to my uncle Vinnie! I mean, even if he didn't do the damage, how could he pass it on in such condition! Unreal!
Mine arrived perfect....he's always delivering stuff for me. Of course, now that I think of it...one of my boys does sorta look.....
:D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That pic is great! I think somebody should take it and incorporate it into some spoof of UPS' "What can Brown do for you?" ad campaign.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Miles sorry to see your sub arrive in such a state. I live in Australia and bought the B4+ and I thought for sure that it may arrive with some damage but it came without a scratch. I would have been extremely angry if mine turned up like yours did. My advice is to e-mail SVS send them the picture and I'm sure they will accommadate you in anyway you want as they are fantastic to deal with. If only all companies could be like SVS the world would be a better place:)

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Why be scared jan? Save that for the films when your sub arrives! You'll need all the courage you can muster then! :D
If this was a common problem the forum would be full of tales of damaged packaging. Fortunately it isn't. That surely means it is a rare occurance? The bad guys can't possibly be everywhere at once! :emoji_thumbsup:
Relax & enjoy your sub when it arrives.
ChrisBee

jan/m

Auditioning
ya, your right. its just that it is due to arrive tomorrow, but im not to nervous and completely believe in the guys at svs. im usually pretty lucky when it comes to things like this ( knocks on wood )lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks