Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly Roundup 4/13 (SURPRISE! It's ME!)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 of 76 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 12:57 AM

At the store, can you buy a new frying pan? (quote from Eating Raoul )

[c]Posted Image[/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart prices in the standard Roundup: Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. When it comes to Wal-Mart prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Milage May Vary".

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__Costco_
Apollo 15: Man Must Expl._$73.78__$99.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Babylon 5: Comp. 5th Ssn._$69.99__$79.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Booty Call: Bootiest Ed.__$13.97__$ 9.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Casa de los Babys_________$25.48__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Dopamine__________________$22.94__$24.99__$27.00__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Eating Raoul______________$13.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed_$21.23__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Highlander: Season 4______$62.99__$54.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kill Bill, Volume 1_______$19.49__$15.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$17.99
Mighty Saturns: Saturn V__$40.98__$44.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
P.McCartney: Mus/Ani Coll_$20.99__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$18.79
She's Out Of Control______$16.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Timeline (WS)_____________$20.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* EASTER SURPRISE! Mike Frezon is out this week while recovering from some surgery. Don't worry, he should be okay and will be back posting in a few days. But, as a special surprise, I've returned by special request for a 1-week special fill-in. I'm a bit rusty, so if I missed anything, please forgive me. Things are still hell at work, but the light's at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not an oncoming train! I've started posting a bit here and there around the forum, but it's a very small amount and mostly in the TV area. I hope everyone enjoys my "return" shot at the Weekly Roundup. Now I just have a bone to pick with Todd Doogan for stealing the name of my concept! Posted Image :wink: Posted Image

* BE CAREFUL! Timeline is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one. "See What You've Been Missing: SEE IT IN WIDESCREEN!" Posted Image

* TARGET DOES NOT HAVE A WEEKLY AD THIS WEEK! Or, so I've read on 2 different websites as I ran around trying to find Target ad prices. The posts were made by people representing themselves at Target employees. All I know officially is this says "Target Does Not Have A Weekly Ad At This Time".

* Best Buy: 2 for $20 when you buy Kill Bill, Volume 1 and Reservoir Dogs on the same purchase.

* Best Buy: Highlander: Season 4 has exclusive bonus material only on the Best Buy version of the release.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
NONE!

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:
-------------------------
NONE!

Happy holidays, everyone!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#2 of 76 OFFLINE   Duncan Reno

Duncan Reno

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:03 AM

Dave!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!! Kill Bill & Casa de los Babys for me this week.
"Reality television? The reality of life is that you don't live it with a camera stuck in your face. So there goes that." M. Good

#3 of 76 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:07 AM

Who are you?

Posted Image

Welcome back.

Chris

#4 of 76 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:11 AM

Yep, that's about the size of it. Quickly forgotten!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#5 of 76 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:37 AM

Best Buy on sale DVD items: Reservoir Dogs 9.99 Pulp Fiction 15.99 Jackie Brown 15.99 2 for $20 (regurlarly $12.99-$14.99) Old School Dead Poets Society T2 Extreme Kaiju Big Brawl Snatch(regular version) We Were Soldiers 8 Mile Daddy Day Care Road to Perdition Breakfast Club Ice Age Charlies Angels: Full Throttle Meet the Parents Dumb and Dumber ------ Circuit City on sale DVD items $7.99 I-Spy Labyrinth Nice Dreams The Natural The Sweetest Thing $9.99 Basic Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle Daddy Day Care From Here To Eternity In Hell $12.99 Jackie Brown $15.99 Pulp Fiction The Texas Chainsaw Massacre $19.99 Brother Bear Scarface Anniversary Edition Something's Gotta Give The Matrix Revolutions Cheaper By The Dozen Save $10 if you buy 2 of the following FOX TV season sets: In Living Color: 3-disc set $29.99 Family Guy Volume 2 Season 3: 3-disc set $34.99 The Simpsons Season 3: 4-disc set $34.99 Angel Season 3: 6-disc set $39.99 24 Season 2: 7-disc set $49.99
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#6 of 76 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:41 AM

They didn't send out the usual weekly ad, but there was this single sheet DVD oriented flier (with coupon) sent in my Sunday Newspaper:

Posted Image

click to enlarge

Posted Image

click to enlarge

I've noticed some of the DVDs have gone up in price since last week (I almost purchase Roger Rabbit for $14.99 but it's listed on the flier at $19.99)

#7 of 76 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:50 AM

It will be a Kill Bill Week for me: Kill Bill DVD (I don't mind double dipping on this movie) Soundtrack to the Second Film (I didn't see it mentioned in any ad, but it comes out Tuesday as well) and Volume 2 on Friday!

#8 of 76 OFFLINE   Mark Richter

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 02:09 AM

Dave who??? Oh yeah THAT Dave. Welcome back Buddy. Thank you for the info and nope nothing for me this week
I reject your reality and substitute one of my own!

#9 of 76 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 02:11 AM

Yeah, but you can save the $5 if you buy it in conjunction with one of their other overpriced dvds on the first page. Posted Image

Thanks Dave. Hope all is better soon. And good luck to Mike.

Just Paul McCartney for me this week. I've been trying to rent one of the shorts on there (Rupert and the Frog Song), ever since I read a positive review of it in 1994! This dvd will be a very rare blind buy for me, but it sounds like something I'm going to like.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#10 of 76 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 02:32 AM

Thanks Nick, for the Target info! Posted Image Posted Image

And thanks for the nice words everyone is supplying! It's giving me a nice warm fuzzy to know I was so missed.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#11 of 76 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 11 2004 - 02:44 AM

dave i saw that todd thing and was going to mention it around here a while ago but it always slipped mymind. he should have given you a credit forthe name if nothing else.
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 76 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 02:57 AM

The Quentin Tarantino films seem to be the only good deal on the page (depending on the actual price of Kill Bill) I might go for the 2 for $20 at Best Buy (Kill bill and Reservoir Dogs) Thanks for the info, David Lambert welcome back!

#13 of 76 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 12,084 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:32 AM

Whodat?

:b Posted Image

Glad to see you're still sane, Dave!

Nothing for me, I guess. I want "Ginger Snaps 2" but there's a better version available in Canada so I'll probably order it from there.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#14 of 76 OFFLINE   Dillon*G

Dillon*G

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:33 AM

Just Kill Bill for me Welcome Back Dave

#15 of 76 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:38 AM

Note that most of our haunts are probably closed today for Easter, depending on your locale.

#16 of 76 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:53 AM

B5 Season 5 for $80 bucks @ BB. Posted Image

Season 1-4 were all $74-$76 on release week. Good thing I have some rewards certificates saved, but the raising of new release prices (on a lot of titles) by a little bit each month does not sit well with me.

Good to see you back (at least for a week), Dave!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

John
"Things you own end up owning you" --Fight Club

You are what you are when no one is looking...

#17 of 76 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 04:28 AM

Welcome back! Hope that busy schedule at weighing you down too much! Kill Bill for me, probably at BB's 2 for 20 deal Also hoping to track down Tokyo Godfathers.

#18 of 76 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,281 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted April 11 2004 - 04:45 AM

"Dave's not here man."

I'm wondering if any stores around here will actually stock Eating Raoul..... Posted Image And I even got a new frying pan just for the occasion..... :b
Posted Image
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#19 of 76 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 04:53 AM

Dennis, I already got a copy of Raoul, local B&M but it out early and they must have had 20 copies. I thought this was going to be hard to find as well, but based on thier stock, it may not be so hard....

#20 of 76 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 05:24 AM

Let me officially welcome back David Lambert.....

Sorry, but nothing for me this week. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users