-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Alias - 4/11/04 - Unveiled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 of 35 Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 08:26 AM

The globe kick reminded me of a Jackie Chan move. I thought the entire fight scene was well choreographed.

So, now we learn that they can listen in on cell phones. As I said in the last Alias thread, this would solve all their problems.

It is interesting that Sloan has done everything right, and is still in trouble. I'm sure we'll see Jack help him in the end. They can't kill off Sloan!
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#22 of 35 Michael Martin

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 12:48 AM

Quote:
I'm sure we'll see Jack help him in the end. They can't kill off Sloan!

Frankly, I think the show would benefit from some of the supporting cast being killed or hurt seriously. While I love the show, and found Sunday's episode to be pretty good, a lot of tension has been drained from the show because we know that Sloane, Vaughn, Marshall,Sark, etc. are not going to die or be maimed, etc.

Nobody's mentioned it, but kudos to Michael Vartan. He's been quietly and consistently making Vaughn as 3-dimensional as possible, and while the audience may not like his devotion, it's some great acting. The scene between Vaughn and Jack was the highlight of the episode for me.

"You know, God has some really weird kids, and I find it hard to be in their company most of the time."
--Paul "Bono" Hewson

#23 of 35 Michael Martin

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 12:50 AM

Let me clarify my post above my saying the show would benefit from some of the supporting characters being killed off or hurt seriously. I wish nothing but good fortune to the actors themselves!
"You know, God has some really weird kids, and I find it hard to be in their company most of the time."
--Paul "Bono" Hewson

#24 of 35 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 02:10 AM

Well, it appears that
Weiss
will be done for sometime during season 4, but they may have a backup plan if the show fails.

http://www.tvtome.co..../showid-21834/

#25 of 35 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 04:18 AM

I enjoyed the episode. Glad I tivoed it since the time was changed for Nick and Jessica.
Exciting up until the end but had a problem with Lauren just leaving all her stuff in a suitcase in the closet for...Vaughn to find.

Quote:
The West Wing has really spoiled me. The writing on these Alias episodes seems merely servicable.

From everything I've read about West Wing this season, the writing is less than serviceable.

#26 of 35 PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 05:47 AM

Quote:
From everything I've read about West Wing this season, the writing is less than serviceable.

It's all relative. I complained about the latest Sopranos ep too, but the writing quality there was 100x better than that currently applied to Alias. The latest West Wings are only poor compared to the Aaron Sorkin eps. Posted Image

#27 of 35 Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 07:31 AM

Quote:

That's because the people you're hearing it from missed the glory days of The West Wing. Seasons 1 through 4 yielded some of the best television of the past 20 years. Now Sorkin (Aaron Sorkin wrote 88 of the 90 episodes of the first four seasons) and Tommy Schlamme are gone (Not to mention D.P. Tom Del Ruth) the show is just another watchable NBC drama. Do yourself a favor and buy the 1st season. After you've watched each episode 5 times go out and buy the 2nd season on May 18th.

Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#28 of 35 Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 01:19 PM

The problem I had with this episode, with all the high-tech toys they're supposed to have, is when Weiss was tapping Lauren's cell phone, then used a filter to decrypt it...couldn't he have recorded the whole conversation from when he started tapping, then run the filter to get the whole thing?? I know the way they did it was a fascinating plot device, but look at 'Enemy of the State' where we can tell what's in a bag someone's carrying opposite a security camera Posted Image
This signature has been modified from its original version. Due to clearance issues and Fox not wanting to spend the money, most of the soundtrack music has been replaced.

#29 of 35 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 01:41 PM

Mike, then they would have found our about Lauren. And we all know we have to wait until he finds her outfit in the drawer at the end of the episode...

Of all the gadgets and gizmo's they have, and it's her stupidity that gives her away...

boring.

#30 of 35 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,652 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 02:42 AM

Jennifer Garner was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night, and since Jay likes to embarrass Jennifer with all sorts of footage and photos, he was able to get some outtakes from Jennifer's stint when she did a training video for the CIA, and the outtakes were pretty funny. Jennifer is the bomb!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#31 of 35 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,326 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 15 2004 - 03:14 AM

I don't think I've ever seen her do a talk show. She was just cute all the way around.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#32 of 35 Howard Glenn

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 04:01 AM

One thing I have to say about Alias is how much I truly love all the characters, both good and bad.

Vaughn is certainly in for a world of new emotional pain to come.

I'm also looking forward to
seeing Will again!

Howard

(Admin note - spoilers added)

#33 of 35 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,326 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 15 2004 - 04:16 AM

Quote:
I'm also looking forward to
seeing Will again!

Spoilers man! Spoilers!
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#34 of 35 VicRuiz

VicRuiz

Second Unit

• 395 posts

Posted April 15 2004 - 12:32 PM

Damn, Jennifer looked just so adorable on Leno last night. That hairdo was really nice on her.
Vic Ruiz
Protect Fair Use. Support Boucher and Lofgren.

#35 of 35 Howard Glenn

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted April 16 2004 - 01:58 AM

Regarding my above post:

I always use spoiler tags, and had no idea I was posting a spoiler...merely an assumption on my part...pretty fun.

H

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow