-

Photo
- - - - -

Alias - 4/11/04 - Unveiled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 of 35 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted April 10 2004 - 05:13 PM

Alias is back from hiatus. (How many threads have I started with that sentence) This is episode 18 of the season. That's right folks, we have merely 4 episodes left. Here's some speculations as to what's gonna go down. Keep in mind this is purely speculation...

1) Bill Vaughn will be revealed as alive and as the head of the Covenant

2) Sloane will be revealed as Rambaldi

3) Sydney will be pregnant

4) Irina will finally show up at the party

5) We find out what the Telling actually did

6) We find out what the scroll Conrad gave Sloane back in last season's Countdown said

Anyone have any other speculations as to what big revelations are to come, primarily what the big blow out finale will reveal and leave us hanging on a cliff at?

Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#2 of 35 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 10 2004 - 05:36 PM

Sydneys sister will arrive at the party as well. Posted Image

#3 of 35 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted April 10 2004 - 06:20 PM

Rob! SHH! Spoiler tags please!!

#4 of 35 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 07:10 AM

my bad. fixed.

#5 of 35 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted April 11 2004 - 01:25 PM

Cool. I changed to ABC at 9pm and was disappointed to see they had that Nick and Jessica Variety show. I figured the hiatus must've been until next week so I switched to that NBC 9/11 show or whatever, found it boring, and switched back to that Nick and Jessica thing. Quite nicely, I switched back during a commercial break and the preview was for Alias, at a special time!

If I hadn't switched back at that precise moment, I would've missed Alias and would've been upset with myself if I found out I missed it!

Sorry, just felt like sharing my story of destiny and coincidence. Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#6 of 35 OFFLINE   CraigK

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:04 PM

Okay...tonight's show kick arse! That final fight with Sydney ruled!

Oh...the ending...a slight shift back towards a cliffhanger...which is nice.

Ohhhhhh...dat Jack is one mean mofo! Don't screw with him (or his wife for that matter...yikes!).

Is it just me, or did I catch a brief climpse of Carradine in the preview for next week's episode?

I can't wait for that be-otch of a traitor wife to get what's coming to her! You go Vaughn!

#7 of 35 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:08 PM

It's pretty evident that the Passenger will revealed to be:

Sydney's sister (based on the reports of the casting of said character), but what I'm guessing is that this will be a half-sister, and that Sloane will most likely be the dad (with Irina being her mother, of course).

Anyhow, gotta love the Spy Opera of this episode.

I was surprised that Sydney didn't check the airlines to see if Lauren just arrived, or had been in Berlin earlier.

Lauren is one nasty torturing double-agent.

So now we have yet another super-secret organization, the Trust, to keep things simmering.

I can't figure out why the CIA keeps Lauren in the loop when it'd be easy to feed her erroneous info that would implicate her possible mole-ness (even in light of her father taking the fall for everything).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 35 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:13 PM

Okay. For everyone who may not have read spoilers on the internet concerning this season, don't. Don't read the spoilers. There's no point. I read the spoilers. Mind you, some of them were on accident. Just don't go there. A lot of the coolness this episode might have had, the intrigue of who the passenger is and all that jazz left me cold not because the people who put the show together let me down but because I know and now it's like watching the episode for the second time. I was totally spoiler free last season and it paid off. The way everything unfolded was so entertaining. But now it's like watching a napkin whose pattern you've already seen unfold very slowly and you're saying "Yeah, yeah. Just get to the center so we can go to the next napkin". Anyway, avoid spoilers at all costs.

And did we actually see what The Telling did tonight? So it actually did just spit out the word "peace". And now the show has acknowledged that it means Irina. Also, for those of you that watched the previews, anyone catch the split second shot of David Carradine? Conrad's coming back baby!

EDIT: Apparently Craig did.

And Patrick, doesn't that suck that you know?

#9 of 35 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:13 PM

I thought it was good to finally see something move forward with her character.

Pretty cheap panic room.... all that work then you can just push open the door like an elevator... Posted Image

#10 of 35 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:14 PM

Pretty sweet episode if you ask me. Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#11 of 35 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:17 PM

Did anyone else notice that this season they've starting using a different director of photography? I remember watching season 2 and marveling at the photography and now it's just so...bleh.

The West Wing has really spoiled me. The writing on these Alias episodes seems merely servicable. It doesn't seem like they're milking it for all it's worth. Or perhaps it's just the actor's delivery isn't nearly as musical as it is on TWW. I don't know. It's just, on TWW you loved watching those confrontational dramatic scenes. They entertained the crap out of you and you reveled in them (I could probably watch C.J. make that impassioned speech on the injustices of the women of Qumar all day long). The dramatic scenes on this show are for not the sake of entertaining you but for the sake of the plot and story. I'm probably biased.

#12 of 35 OFFLINE   David C Lin

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 03:53 PM

How many more episodes can Lauren get away before being caught as red-handed as the mole?
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong." - Abraham Lincoln

My HT: Toshiba CX32F60 32" TV |...

#13 of 35 OFFLINE   BrandonM

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted April 11 2004 - 05:22 PM

How many more episodes can Lauren get away before being caught as red-handed as the mole?

Did you not see the end of the episode?
My DVD Collection

#14 of 35 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,495 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 11 2004 - 06:00 PM

Quote:

Not many more.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#15 of 35 OFFLINE   Graham Perks

Graham Perks

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 12:36 AM

Finally! Alias is BACK! What an excellent episode!!

One thing I missed - what was that machine printing out? It looked like a document of some kind. Sloan's already seen that, right?

#16 of 35 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 02:22 AM

I believe that's what printed out all the so called "blank" pages before printing one word "PEACE" last season for Sloane

#17 of 35 OFFLINE   PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 03:07 AM

Well, to all those people who claimed Jack was keeping it cool last week - ner ner ne ner ner! I was right: Jack was being uncharacteristically thick. This week's episode was almost as bad. There was only one touch of the old Alias brilliance (when Sydney kicks the globe).

Quote:
The West Wing has really spoiled me. The writing on these Alias episodes seems merely servicable.

You're being generous. Alias is now composed of by-the-numbers clichés, formulaic "idiot plot" contrivances and "wooh" reveals. If it wasn't for Ron Rifkin I wouldn't be watching at all. Still, I'm hopeful they might put some effort into the closing episodes of the season.

#18 of 35 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 04:22 AM

I couldn't help it, but when Sydney kicked the globe into baddie #4, I think I muttered "cooolll" to myself. Posted Image

#19 of 35 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,495 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 12 2004 - 04:27 AM

The globe-kicking reminded me of Jet Li's over-the-top maneuver with the billiard ball in Kiss of the Dragon. Sydney's was more realistic, given the size of the object.

BTW, I'm kind of sad I read the spoiler tags. I haven't speculated on things to come so it was a surprise to read. Imagine how I would have reacted if I'd held off! Oh well, I still intend to enjoy the show.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#20 of 35 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 04:40 AM

Gotta love Jack-mad-as-hell in slow motion as he heads for Sloane's prison cell. You just know a smackdown is coming!

Forum Nav Content I Follow