What's new

Chicago Hope??? (1 Viewer)

Luc Roussel

Agent
Hello!!!

This is my first time....Hope I am not too bad...Also, I' m French....

Does anyone know if and when Chicago Hope will be released on DVD?? I am a big fan..As a nurse I love all the medical series...Thank you!

Rob T

Screenwriter
It's probably about the only medical series that I'd buy.

no word yet though.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The Chicago Hope fanbase doesn't seem to be very big. I loved the series (especially the early seasons with Mandy Patinkin), but don't hold out much hope for DVD sets. :frowning: Hope I'm proved wrong.
BTW, welcome to the forum, Luc!

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I remember the episode "Quarentine" from the first season written by the great David E Kelley
Among his many great scripts for all his shows that is one his all time best :emoji_thumbsup:

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Chicago Hope is definitely a series I would buy or at least the first season when it was the best. That Quarantine episode was by far the best episode

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I just watched my old import Chicago Hope LD set. I've never really seen a complete episode of the show before. Quarantine, was indeed a great episode. Hopefully some one will release this somewhere on DVD.

Luc Roussel

Agent
Any news about Chicago Hope on DVD?? It`s been almost 2 years since my last note on this thread.

I just hope we will hear some good and positive news pretty soon.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Surely a series like this, would sell good on the strength of its fine actors alone, or what ?

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Loved this show and would buy it in an instant. It's on my most-wanted list, along with other Kelley shows.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Chicago Hope premiered opposite ER's premier and was forever compared to that show. CH never achieved the same amount of ratings success of ER, even after it moved to Mondays.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think Chicago Hope was just less dull, than E.R. I have no idea why it wasn't more successful.

Matt_Troop

Agent
I would also like to see this as i am a big medical show person, i think i would like it and wouldn't compare it to ER or Grey's Anatomy (two of my Faves) I would really like to see this and St. Elsewhere (along with other 80's less hopefuls Thirtysomething & LA LAW) on dvd ...

and if this is from DEK I definately want to see it as it will be the only show (besides picket fences) that i haven't seen of his....

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think Chicago Hope was just less dull, than E.R. I have no idea why it wasn't more successful.
CBS didn't hype CH like NBC did for ER. You never saw a preview for Chicago Hope that began "Don't miss this special Chicago Hope...."

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know why this show hasn't been released??? I'm sure music rights wouldn't be a problem with it.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I loved this show and would love to see it on DVD. Especially with some great actors like Adam Arkin (who I recently saw film a pilot Who Get's the Parents, whilst on holiday in LA), Hector Elizondo, Mark Harmon, Christine Lahti, Peter Berg, Vondie Curtis-Hall and Criminal Minds stars Thomas Gibson and Mandy Patinkin, surprised it not been released

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Count me among those that would like to see this series released on DVD.

The Mandy Patinkin seasons were the strongest, just because of the presence that Jeffery Geiger brought to the screen.

Also loved the episodes that featured James Garner as the takover artist that bought the hospital.

But I would definately purchase the show on DVD.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I wonder if part of the reason we haven't seen it yet is that it's been off the air a while and out of sight, out of mind. This is actually one of two David E. Kelly shows that I'd want to see on DVD, LA Law being the other. Hope we do see it someday as it's darn fun at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks