What's new

Coolest looking Box/Gift Sets Around... (1 Viewer)

Vijay

Agent
After the release of the Schindler's List Box Set it got me thinking about the other box sets, and how innovative and thought provoking some are, they're not just a case that holds 2-4 dvds anymore..they ARE the ATTRACTION!

My favourite is the the Schindler's List set, it just looks totally different, kinda like a meausum piece or something,

I never saw Shindler's List, but knew I would like it, and just wanted to wait untill it came out on DVD, and when this baby looked this good, and the price was right how could I refuse a Blind Buy...

2) Six Feet under Case:just how it opens up and the cover with the corpes and lipstick thing..going on...and then when you open it up the punch line apearss "Your whole life is Leading upto this...."

3) The Sopranos cases are cool also cigar style, with the gloomy/haunting picture of the whole crew taken just for that particular season.

It seems that we will be buying these items as decorations/celebrations of our favourite movies, like people buying/collecting posters or paintings...or crystal...but as a bonus when you buy this item, you get the DVD with this decoration piece!!

This kinda stuff took some serious creative juice to come up with...
Soon we will be buying these peices to decorate our HT with, and the dvd will just be a bonus that comes with it....

So whats your favourite box set ...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The winner, ding-ding-ding is the new Freaks and Geeks Yearbook Gift Set :):emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
An amaray case that doesn't have that has smooth plastic on both sides.

After that, I thought that Japanese ALIEN head looked mighty cool, but I'd never fork over for it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Not a box-set per say, But Anchor BAys "Wicker Man" In the wood box is pretty sweet, as is their "Evil Dead : Book Of The Dead Edition"

I don't think anything beats the Alien head though...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the region 2 & 4 of the hulk movie boxset is very cool.
has the title in 3D with a fist coming out of the front of the box.

JACOB

The Boogiepop Phantom Limited Boxset has a great design you just open it up and the dvds and all the stationary items are there.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Region 2 The Renewal of Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD-BOX (Japan)

-Includes the entire series (26 eps), both movies, and 2 bonus discs.
-Entire series has newly remastered video and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound... which is VERY sweet I might add (I am collecting the individually released discs of this release)

Region 2 Angelic Layer set (Japan)
Click Here. (Geocities, bah)
-Includes the entire anime series, the box, and an artbook.

Region 2 Tenchi Muyo! 10th Anniversary! (Japan)

Which can be ordered here (also more pics) for the bargain basement price of $1195
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/62207/4/0/0
-Includes Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Oki! (13 eps), Tenchi Universe (26 eps), Tenchi in Tokyo (26 eps), all 3 Tenchi movies, 2 bonus discs, 2 pewter paperweights, and an artbook.

And here are a few I actually own ;)

Region 2 Fullmetal Alchemist (Japan)

Sorry I can't find a bigger pic. Box comes with volume 2 of the release and sold out before it was even released. Just like the show, this is the "Fullmetal Edition" ;)

Region 1 Samurai Deeper Kyo (USA)

Very similar to the Wicker Man box... but bigger ;) This box fits the entire series inside (one of the panels slides up to allow access to the DVDs.

Region 1 FLCL (Furi Kuri) (USA)

Another box that basically sold out in preorder... this box came with v.3 as a reward to all the fans who supported the release from the beginning. Very hard to find nowadays.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming... ;)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

But I would have loved it if they had put the DVD in a keepcase inside of the those packages so I can store them with the rest of my collection.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Band of Brothers Military Limited Package (Korean Version)

I'm partial to the X-files Box Sets

Still haven't forked out the cash for this one

I like the see through Lain-Serial Experiments box, but I already bought the 4 individually.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Though it did noy get much love around here, I like the Scar face box set. Also the DVDs are in keep cases.

I also like the disney tins.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Face it, the Japanes Alien Head is the undisputed champion of cool looking gift sets! :D

Roman Holiday(R2 JAPAN)

Å]¬ÉÂà¥Í(R2 JAPAN)

Hero - Limited Edition(R2 JAPAN)

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Limited Edition Box(R2 JAPAN)

Cinema Paradiso(R2 JAPAN)

The Ping Pong Club(R2 JAPAN)

Treasure Planet(R2 FRANCE)

Battle Royale II - Limited Edition Box(R2 JAPAN)

The Big Blue (R2 JAPAN)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
What about the Star Trek Next Generation Borg Cube? I can't find a jpg of it anymore though...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ditto, it's the coolest one I own. Some of the others in this thread look awesome too.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Wow that Roman Holiday one looks really cool. The Alien head is over-done in my opinion.

As posted in the other DVD forum, I really like the X-files set that comes in a file cabinet (it's from Brazil, according to others)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
willam chang, could you include the titles of all those sets.
i could figure out a few but not all of them.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I know them all except one...
Roman Holiday
*don't know*
Hero - Limited Edition
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Limited Edition Box
Cinema Paradiso
The Ping Pong Club
Treasure Planet
Battle Royale II - Limited Edition Box
The Big Blue