What's new

Bewitched Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
You know what? I like how they're releasing the first season of Bewitched when the movie comes out. Because when I read the script review.. I expected something different. Turns out.. it has nothing to DO WITH THE TV SHOW WHATSOEVER!!! And for that reason I am incensed... so why release a tv show onto DVD when the movie with the same name, yet everything is different about it. It would be like releasing the song Love Is All Around by "Wet Wet Wet" with the first season of MTM on DVD...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I am hating the idea of that script too...I think that script is just a rejected one that got leaked out and that they will end up doing something better....I hope.......I find it hard to believe that Nicole Kidman would agree to that type of script for a Bewitched movie.

BTW, for those of you wanting to read a review of the script it can be read at FilmJerk.com

Supporting Actor
SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!! It better be a rejected script... Because they decided to start filming this summer. And if it isn't a rejected script... I have no hope for anything tha comes out of Hollywood ever again.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Maybe a better title for this thread should've been "What's the point of releasing Bewitched s.1 if the movie isn't even going to resemble the original show based on a script review?";)

About the DVDs though, regardless if this script is used, I just want those DVDS!!!

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I like the idea of the new script.

Doing a simple retread of the TV series is a bad idea anyway. Anyone remember the movie version of "The Beverly Hillbillies"? Didn't think so.

Since no one can take the place of Elizabeth Montgomery anyway, this might be the way to go.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's to the point where I hope for movie versions--good or bad--of shows I love just so studios have an excuse to release the discs. Universal should slap together a crappy new Leave It to Beaver and give it a big marketing push. Paramount should do the same for the Brady Bunch. ;)

Supporting Actor
I remember the movie of Beverly Hillbillies... and I liked it. I am not however liking the idea of the movie. Which, I was hoping, was going to be splendid. The point I was trying to make was, "since the movie has no relationship to the show except that the share the same title, why not just release Season One sooner?"

Randy_Cre

Agent
I doubt I'll see the movie until its on TNT or some channel like that. I'm not a big fan of remakes from TV shows.

That said, I hope the movie does well enough whatever the script ends up as, that maybe a season 2 release would be tied in with the DVD release of the movie. (I kind of hoped that would happen with SWAT with season 1 coming out in time for the theatrical debut, and season 2 coming out with the movie's DVD release.) ... Though I think (crossing fingers) that Bewitched the TV show may sell well enough that it won't be a 1-and-done show on DVD.

Supporting Actor
I think movies are in theatres for about 6 months up to a year... is that what you want? to wait that long?

I hope the first season release makes a lot more money than the movie does in it's first week at the box office.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
In Japan the DVD sets there have gone to season three....my hope is for all of them all though I can't see the Dick Sargent years doing well at all. But if that's the case than at least all the Dick York years.

Randy_Cre

Agent
If season 2 was released quicker than 6 months after the first season that would be great. But having seen a number of shows take a year before the next season is released, or in some case never, 6 months doesn't sound so bad. I'll take that over never any day (or month).

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
No information about the US set besides the 2005 release date has been made known. I'm hoping that it's the original b&w but I'll still buy it if it's color.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I hope the Black and White episodes remain B&W as well...

I hate colorized versions of Black and White material... It just seems too fake...

I did enjoy this show... I would purchase it...

Supporting Actor
I'll definitely purchase it. Count me in. I'll be the first one at the store when it hits the streets.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
This is a definite purchase for me. One of my all-time faves. I would prefer the original b&w, but I did see some of the colorized ones, and they did a remarkable job on them. Best I have ever seen. I will buy it either way.:D

Sarah R

Auditioning
I would also buy Bewitched(aleast all of the Dick York years)! It is one of my favorites!

sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks