Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Good music from the UK?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Lawrence X

Lawrence X

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 02:48 PM

My favorite bands have always been British for some reason. Somehow British bands just always seemed more original and refined. So one of my wishful thinking jags has been that there must be all these great bands in the UK that don't get any exposure in the US because of record companies devotion to the easy to catagorize derivative crap they're (modestly) successful at peddling.

Any chance they have tons of talented bands pining away for attention in the good ole UK?

#2 of 8 Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 03:24 PM

I hope you find "comfort in sound".Posted Image
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#3 of 8 Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 06:14 PM

Snow Patrol, Travis, Doves, Muse, Radio 5, Athlete, Idlewild, Keane, Reindeer Section(collaboration of Mogwai, Snow Patrol, Arab Strap, Astrid, and Belle and Sebastian band members), Mogwai, Badly Drawn Boy, Belle and Sebastian, Starsailor, Elbow

i don't really know what you're looking for but here are some UK bands

#4 of 8 James_P_Clark

James_P_Clark

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 01:50 AM

Can't forget the Libertines and British Sea Power. The lack of sales in the US is somewhat tempered by the critical press both have received.

jc

#5 of 8 Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 03:23 AM

The Beatles

Posted Image

#6 of 8 Jesse Lawson

Jesse Lawson

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 04:14 AM

THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!

#7 of 8 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,445 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 06:04 AM

You never said what type of music you like. Here are some of my favorites (not all from the UK)

Pop/Rock (if you like Fleetwood Mac, Sheryl Crow, etc.)
Catatonia
Texas (one of my all-time favorite groups, with some stuff released in the US)
The Corrs
Gary Jules

Pop/Top 40/Dance
Liberty X
Jamelia
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Sugababes
Planet Funk
Chocolate Puma

Hope this helps ya!

#8 of 8 Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 03:20 PM

Did you lose intrest Lawrence? BTW, my hint was to try Feeder's COMFORT IN SOUND on CD or SA-CD...Posted Image
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!