Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

i need a ridiculous tuxedo for a senior prom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 of 41 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 10:35 AM

Either wear something nice for her, or if you want to be audacious, try something you can at least pass off as not out of "Dumb and Dumber" because all it will do is make you out as a jerk.

You could try, if you want to be risky a Kilt bottom (tartan) and a tuxedo top. It would be different, and would stand out, but would be classy rather then emberrassing.

(and what is it with these foolish youth! For pete sake, between this kind of thing and Antonio.. damn boys, where's your lady handling skills!)

I think even though she may say that, if you go through with it, you're going to hurt some feelings.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#22 of 41 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
we're weird and pretty much made for each other, yet we're not dating haha.
Which only strengthens your wierdness Posted Image

I once saw a tuxedo that was done up like a sports jersey (i.e. the name and number on the back). Kinda like the SNL skit where Jimmy Falon has Nomars name and number on the back of his prom jacket (in tape), but this one looked professional.

#23 of 41 OFFLINE   Topher

Topher

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 12:03 PM

Now that is cool. You have free reign!

Quote:
Kinda like the SNL skit where Jimmy Falon has Nomars name and number on the back of his prom jacket

NOMAH!
I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

#24 of 41 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 12:16 PM

I say get a white tux with glittery pink bow tie, glittery pink cumberbun and glittery pink socks. I say pink in order to match her dress. If you can find a white top-hat with a pink band that'd be cool too. Get a coat with tails. Look for Pink glittery gloves.

If the tux shop is cool, and you got the bod to pull it off, ask that the sleeves be removed from the tux and shirt.

It would be wild, yet not grossly foolish.

#25 of 41 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 01:12 PM

Socks??? I'm thinking white mocasines and NO socks. Keep the Julio Iglesias spirit alive for a new generation Posted Image
Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#26 of 41 OFFLINE   Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit

• 439 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 05:57 PM

what about something similar to tom hanks' white tuxedo in "big"?

#27 of 41 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 06:56 PM

Nice Posted Image

#28 of 41 OFFLINE   Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

• 666 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
Two different women (strangers, both) mentioned to me, ‘if you can’t get laid looking like that, something’s wrong.’

Well?????? You can't throw that advice out there using that example and not finish the story. Were the women right or wrong? Millions of casually dressed males are depending on your guidance with this answer! Posted Image

#29 of 41 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 01:41 AM

Go with a James Bond-style tux. Slick your hair back like Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan, and say to your date and the other women, "The name's Torres. Sam Torres." Women love the 007 tux look. Posted Image
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#30 of 41 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 02:43 AM

Well, if you and your friend are both dressing weird, go for it. Posted Image Although I stand by the idea to include her in your choices, so there won't be any surprises. Posted Image

Have fun!

#31 of 41 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 04:05 AM

Ooooo!!!! I just got a GREAT idea, but it requires a LOT of balls...

You wear the prom dress and she wears the tux! Now that would be weird. Posted Image

#32 of 41 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 05:56 AM

Quote:
Well?????? You can't throw that advice out there using that example and not finish the story. Were the women right or wrong? Millions of casually dressed males are depending on your guidance with this answer!

He mentioned he was "very married" at the time the offer came along, so I'm guessing he passed Posted Image

Mark, I think you've had the best idea in the entire thread Posted Image

#33 of 41 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
He mentioned he was "very married" at the time the offer came along, so I'm guessing he passed

That would be correct Ricardo.

But it never hurts to be asked. Posted Image

In any case my point was that men look good in a basic tux --and many women (including ones you don't know) respond appropiatly. Perhaps not so much or so well when dressed in a clown suit.

I may be wrong, but I’m guessing the Cary Grant had more chances than Emmet Kelley. Posted Image

I’ve owned my own tux for many, many years—and will only make the occasional concession by perhaps wearing a bright red or green bow tie at Christmas. Or perhaps a plaid one at the St. Andrews ball.

Even on these few occasions, by wife protests: straight black looks best, says she.
¡Time is not my master!

#34 of 41 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
Socks??? I'm thinking white mocasines and NO socks. Keep the Julio Iglesias spirit alive for a new generation

Right, I edited to include glittery pink socks. Gotta have the flair throughout.

#35 of 41 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 10:24 AM

Breakaway tuxedo. Halfway through the prom rip it off to reveal your classy tuxedo long johns. Posted Image

#36 of 41 OFFLINE   Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas

Screenwriter

• 2,044 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 11:59 AM

Tophat, gloves, tails, and a cane. In either white or a bright color. And to make it all the more fun, a couple of sizes to small so your ankles and a good bit of your forarms show.

#37 of 41 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
Or perhaps a plaid one at the St. Andrews ball.

C'mon, Lew, I gotta call you on that one... Plaid??? You know better than that! Posted Image
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#38 of 41 OFFLINE   Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted April 08 2004 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
You wear the prom dress and she wears the tux! Now that would be weird.

One year, I was at a Senior Formal and one very attractive young lady wore what I always refer to as the 'Hocktaler' outfit, from a commercial for that product; tailored tux shirt and jacket (tapered to the waist, and so on) with tails, top hat, high-cut shorts (no idea what you'd call them) and sheer black stockings; very Cabaret like.

Damn. DAMN.

#39 of 41 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
C'mon, Lew, I gotta call you on that one... Plaid??? You know better than that!

Ok Brian, you got me—I do.

I thought I was making an obscure enough reference that it would pass right by. I momentarily forgot the diversity of the forum membership. On top of which (in reality), my wife always insists on black.
¡Time is not my master!

#40 of 41 OFFLINE   Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted April 12 2004 - 04:30 AM

Oh, and I forgot to mention:
http://www.pimphats.com

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow