Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony SST-659 is cheap! Should I?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Lev-S

Lev-S

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted April 04 2004 - 09:52 AM

I can get a Harmony SST-659 for $132 Canadian and was wondering how it performs macro-wise. I understand that it doesn't allow actual macro programming, but rather activities and I am hoping that it will manage to enter my TVs (Sony Wega) menu and enable 16:9 enhanced mode speedily and reliably! Any advice or experiences?
My DVDs

Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
Skinner: How ironic.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Clayton Jr

Clayton Jr

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted April 05 2004 - 04:34 AM

I'm using a 659 with my setup (a 16:9 Toshiba, H/K receiver, etc) and it will definitely allow you to do what you want. You can create custom strings of commands that are sent upon initiating an activity, so this should accommodate your situation.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted April 05 2004 - 09:09 AM

http://www.hometheat....hlight=harmony

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Doug Smith

Doug Smith

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 04:24 AM

This remote will do it for you. Be prepared to spend time at your computer However the people at Harmony are fantastic at helping out when needed. That's a pretty sweet price!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit

• 273 posts

Posted April 14 2004 - 06:17 PM

That must be dealer price Posted Image
Retail on that baby just dropped to $199 CDN from 299.
It will do everything you need and then some. I have been extremely happy with mine, and know a TON of people with them and have not heard one person say they regret buying it!