-

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Components Inputs on HD Reday TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   DennisP

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 02:15 PM

Hope someone can answer this question.

I have an Hitachi 32 HD ready TV. I currently use the set's one set of Component inputs for my DVD player (progressive scan).

I'm thinking of having the "Dish" installed in our home with the HD programing package. Since my set only has one set of Component inputs (no DVI or other HD inputs)....can I add some sort of cable ("y" type) or box that will allow me to feed (combine) the component outputs from my DVD player and HD Sat receiver to my TV? I realize that I can only use one of these components (DVD or HD Sat Receiver) at a time in this configuration......but I plan on only watching a DVD or HD at any given time Posted Image

It seems to me that there should be something available that will allow you to combine inputs like this and allow connection to a TV.

Thanks to any who can point me in a direction.
Harry Zimm: I once asked this literary agent what writing paid the best, and he said, "ransom notes."

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   nick_rh

nick_rh

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 02:29 PM

Component video switchers are available; Best Buy sells one in the videogame section for about $100-150, and I'm sure there are others. Alternatively, you can buy a receiver that supports component video switching (these days, many receivers have this capability, even down to about the $200 range).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 04:16 PM

Best Buy sells one in the videogame section for about $100-150

wow! thats expensive just for video switching. hunt around you can do a lot better.