What's new

Question on Components Inputs on HD Reday TV (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
Hope someone can answer this question.

I have an Hitachi 32 HD ready TV. I currently use the set's one set of Component inputs for my DVD player (progressive scan).

I'm thinking of having the "Dish" installed in our home with the HD programing package. Since my set only has one set of Component inputs (no DVI or other HD inputs)....can I add some sort of cable ("y" type) or box that will allow me to feed (combine) the component outputs from my DVD player and HD Sat receiver to my TV? I realize that I can only use one of these components (DVD or HD Sat Receiver) at a time in this configuration......but I plan on only watching a DVD or HD at any given time :)

It seems to me that there should be something available that will allow you to combine inputs like this and allow connection to a TV.

Thanks to any who can point me in a direction.

nick_rh

Stunt Coordinator
Component video switchers are available; Best Buy sells one in the videogame section for about $100-150, and I'm sure there are others. Alternatively, you can buy a receiver that supports component video switching (these days, many receivers have this capability, even down to about the $200 range).

Users who are viewing this thread