What's new

Merged Thread: Darby O'Gill & The Little People OAR? (1 Viewer)

TedD

Supporting Actor
Probably not. Depends on where the mattes were applied, ie, in the camera, at the interpositive, at the internegative, at the release print, etc. and what stage of the chain the telecine transfer used for the DVD originated from.

Ted

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator

Not necessarily. If the negative is full-frame then any new prints (or internegatives and interpositives) could be struck in open-matte. If this is the case, the original hard-matted theatrical prints would be irrelevant. Unless of course they just pull out an old theatrical print to transfer.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I hope the right soundtrack is attached. I have the laser, which is the original, but I guess some voices were redubbed for a later release and this is what made it to video tape. Just having the laser, I never heard this other version.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The soundtrack was redubbed into easier english for americans on a reissue. Both verwsions have been used for home video.
Easiest way to tell the difference - when Darby is underground in the kingdomof the little people, he is starting to play them some music. He does a countdown- 1,2,3,4, in the rudubbed version, In the original, he does the countdown in Gallic.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
In related Disney news, "Son of Flubber" was released 4:3 this week. :frowning: At least the packaging goes to great lengths to point out that it is in the original black and white.

Regards,

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
As long as they include the complete “I Captured The King Of The Leprechauns” I will be happy. I figured it would be skipped because this was another cheap release.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
That's a damned shame. This is one of my favorite Disney films. Sigh.

2006 is a long time to wait for Eisner to retire.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Open matte is acceptable to me, for I can create my own matte and have the proper OAR. What isn't acceptable is pan and scan, where there is no way to recreate the proper aspect ratio.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
It is coming out on August 24th and will be presented in 1.85:1
widescreen. this was always one of my favorite movies growing up except the bansheeni sp? scared the bejesus out of me!!

I am in as soon as I can!!

Brian

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Where did you hear this? So far all the reports have been that this is going to be 1.33:1 (although unclear whether or not it's pan & scan or open matte).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, Brian, I would like to know from where you learned this. Doesn't sound right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks