-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Buying Online

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Peter Chen

Peter Chen

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 01:15 PM

I'm looking to expand my small dvd collection and am looking for some advice when buying dvd's online. I know Amazon and half.com have some good prices. I have also seen good prices on asian versions that claim to be non-bootlegged. If I'm not interested in the bonus features, I might consider that route. What should I look out for? Anyone know about some smaller online outlets? Any cautions about buying on ebay?

#2 of 5 ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 02:02 PM

If you are interested in Asian cinema, definitely check out DDDHouse.com. They have a good selection and fantastic prices. I have bought a number of disks from them. I have also had good experiences with HKflix.com and DeepDiscountDVD.com.

#3 of 5 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 02:52 PM

This should be in the "Retail and Wholesale Vendors" section.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 5 DanFe

DanFe

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 12:01 PM

The best prices in Region 1 are www.deepdiscountdvd.com You do realize, of course, that you need a region free player to play other regions, correct?

#5 of 5 Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted March 03 2005 - 08:20 AM

Anyone have any specific expierences with hkflix.com? I was just wondering how timely they were with shipping. I ordered something from them last week and I while I got a confirmation about the order, I was wondering if they also sent out a notice when an order actually ships. Thanks for any info.

--Ian