Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Buying Online

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Peter Chen

Peter Chen

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 01:15 PM

I'm looking to expand my small dvd collection and am looking for some advice when buying dvd's online. I know Amazon and half.com have some good prices. I have also seen good prices on asian versions that claim to be non-bootlegged. If I'm not interested in the bonus features, I might consider that route. What should I look out for? Anyone know about some smaller online outlets? Any cautions about buying on ebay?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 02:02 PM

If you are interested in Asian cinema, definitely check out DDDHouse.com. They have a good selection and fantastic prices. I have bought a number of disks from them. I have also had good experiences with HKflix.com and DeepDiscountDVD.com.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 02 2004 - 02:52 PM

This should be in the "Retail and Wholesale Vendors" section.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   DanFe

DanFe

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 12:01 PM

The best prices in Region 1 are www.deepdiscountdvd.com You do realize, of course, that you need a region free player to play other regions, correct?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted March 03 2005 - 08:20 AM

Anyone have any specific expierences with hkflix.com? I was just wondering how timely they were with shipping. I ordered something from them last week and I while I got a confirmation about the order, I was wondering if they also sent out a notice when an order actually ships. Thanks for any info.

--Ian