What's new

How much $ do you spend on jeans? (1 Viewer)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Yesterday on the Toronto 1 station, there was a story on the rising cost of designer jeans.
The prices seems to run from the average of $100 to over $350, now I have to ask have people gone mad?

Sure I understand it depends on the label, the fabric and the construction that goes into making a pair of jeans, but after a certain point, it's just fabric and thread. And from my research back in school, depending on the brand, it takes no more than 11 minutes to make one pair of jeans.

Recently I had a salesperson at the Gap tell me that she would never wear Levi's jeans because they were too cheap and most of the jeans she buys start at $160.

I've never purchased jeans over $40, and usually they are they tend to be more of the regular jeans that have been reduced from the previous season.

Hey, if you have the money to burn, go for it. But those jeans better have a written guarantee to make your ass look amazing for that kind of cash.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
I'll buy cK's when I see them at Ross. They fit me well and cost $25. I would never ever buy an ordinary pair of jeans for over $100.

-Christian

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The $30 jeans work fine for me although its sometimes hard to find one with a 29" inseam that I need.

Jay

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the most i've spent on jeans would probably be about 75 bucks for the lucky brand #1. i have a couple of older pair that i *love* - they fit really comfortably and are well made.

i recently looked into getting a new pair, but i noticed they're using a thinner quality denimn now.

otherwise, i'm strictly an eddie bauer / gap / old navy kind of guy. i guess around 30 bucks or so...

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
about $30 for me too. the old navy painters jeans fit me rather well, i just wish they would last a little bit longer.

CJ

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
$25-$35 typically. Levis 560 relax comfort fit for me. A little looser than the 550's but not too baggy. I was talking to a younger guy at work who said the younger people he hangs out with wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Levis. I guess Im outta style now, oh well. Next step will be the brown stretch slacks popular with my grandparents. :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I've never spent more than $20... of course, I have about 15 pairs (they're all I wear ;) )

Most of the time I wear $4 pants from Goodwill. You can get good stuff cheap from dead people! :)

*just make sure to wash it first*

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I try to keep it under $35-40 or so.

I think most people in this thread would qualify for this show.

I have switched away from jeans with a tapered leg to a style with straight legs or "boot cut." If the ankles are skinnier than the knees, you are apparently a fashion victim.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I bought 2 pair at old navy off the closeout rack for 6 bucks each a couple months ago.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I like wearing nicer jeans coz they fit, look, and wear better... but i rarely pay over $50.

I ALWAYS look for sales... My current favourite pair costs about $90CAD regular, bougth them for $30. Places like Winners, or TJMaxx have designers stuff for good prices.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I pay $50-60 for my jeans because only a few brands actually fit. That's full price but occasionally I luck out and get them on sale. I get all the rest of my clothes at a deep discount so I don't feel too badly about paying full price for my jeans.

James T

Screenwriter
I think I spent $40.00 at the GAP for a pair of jeans. And the reason I bought it was that it was the same brand and style that Wolverine wore in X-men 2.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
You'll have to cut my Levi 501s off my cold, dead, rigor mortis-stiffened legs before I'd give them up :)

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I have spent over $100 a few times. I tend to wear mostly Hugo Boss jeans/pants, as they tend to fit me so much better than other brands, and look pretty cool too. Hugo Boss pants aren't ultra slim in the leg like Versace, some Armani, and even traditional Levis. However, they don't give the "saggy ass" look that most other wider legged jeans do. Thus, they work best for me :)

TOdd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks