What's new

Lost In Space Season 2 is coming! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's official. I waited till after April Fools
day to post this....

Lost in Space Season Two DVD set will be released in September with bonus features included.

More details as they are released.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Great news! I've been waiting for an announcement. Actually I was almost expecting another April Fools joke so glad you waited. I know a lot of people weren't thrilled with the first season set, but I really liked it. Yes it could have been better, but since sales seem to have been good, maybe season 2 will be even better!

James Calderone

Auditioning
This is actually pretty cool news. I wonder though if someone could help me out with a bit of facts. There was some talk before the release of LIS that both FOX and another studio owned the rights and both were preparing separate box sets. Is this still the plan?

I'm most interested in Season 1 (because its BW), and Season 3. I am preparing to get the entire series though, but I really don't know what to get. If the rumored "other" studio was just that, I'd just pick up whats avaialble. Otherise, I do prefer a choice, and on that note.... Does anyone know if there is a zone 2 set for release? I know this was not the studios intent :) But I see zoning as offering me a choice.

I opted for the zone 2 Star Trek Next gen, based on the packaging.

So, any insite would be appricated.

Oh I guess one more question. Having heard complaints about season 1, what were the issues? Was it the condition of the source? No extras?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ron, that is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Anything new on plans for the other Irwin Allen tv series? I know at the last chat Peter said he loves those shows (Voyage, Time Tunnel, Giants) but thought the best bet might be to "lease" them out to another company. Have you heard anything else about this? I'd sure love to see them give Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea a 1st Season release and monitor sales. It was the best season of that particular show, and I can't believe they'd lose money on it.

Gary "can't wait for LIS Season 3, which seemed to be a tad better than Season 2, but of course nowhere near as good as the first season" OS

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Well, I'm just about to finish off my 1st-season set, which I've enjoyed a great deal. It's been surprisingly nice to revisit these, after a long absence. I was very conflicted at first as to getting the set. "Lost in Space" has always been a series that seemed to pull me in opposing directions. Some elements about the series I thoroughly enjoy and revel in... the cast, the premise, the atmospherics. But, it also had the propensity at times to veer TOO far in goofball-land, as in the case of 'space vikings' or the episode with Dr. Smith in cowboy garb. Then, it would start grating a bit on my nerves.

I'll undoubtedly pick up the 2nd-season set (even though it's probably the worst offender in that aforementioned regard). I'm much more keen on the 3rd-season, though. I seem to recall it perked up some by that time. But, it's been ages since seeing them, so I'm far from an expert on the matter. Indeed, there are quite a few episodes to each season that I've never seen before. As for "Voyage," I'd buy season-sets to those in a heartbeat. Not really as interested in "Time Tunnel," or "Land of the Giants," though. I could potentially get them were they to appear, but they'd be far from a priority.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
im a big fan of Time Tunnel myself, id buy all of Time Tunnel. as for lost in space im with Bert Greene. the show has its ups and down sides. Dr. Smith in cowboy garb is the one i did not like at all, it was just to silly.
looking forword to season 2 of lost in space.
now if they would just release THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO i would be one happy camper. voyagers as well... :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
YAHOOOO! Thanks for the great news, Ron! :)

I'm thrilled to hear this, although Season Three is without a doubt my favorite! Hope Fox makes it Three of a Kind!

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I hope they use the original 35mm film negatives to master the 2nd and 3rd seasons onto DVD. The first seasons used what appears to be the same 1" videotape used to master the old Columbia House set, and while this may have been fine mastering onto VHS, on DVD the 1st season set looks at times dark, at other times washed, and even has a few scenes missing.

Dave Goudsward

Auditioning
One extra I know is definite on the Season 2 set is a digital reproduction of a 45 RPM record originally sent out to the radio stations to promote the start of Season Two.

These interviews of June, Guy and Jonathan are from 1966 and will be heard against a series of still photos.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I too wish they would do the Other Allen TV series. Lost in Space is the least of his TV shows for me. If the price was cheaper I would be buying them but "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" and "Land of the Giants" I would buy at any price.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I reading the other day that all of the remaining cast members still keeps in touch. I hope they do a commentary on an episode or two.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Good news, Ron! Thanks for sharing it! I can hear the third season's theme song in my head right now... Hope that's a sign!

Ric

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame that FOX waited so long to do the DVD series; now we've lost Jonathan Harris. :frowning: He would have been a lot of fun in commentaries, interviews or any other potential extras. I just hope some existing conversations with Harris may be included. The bonuses wouldn't feel the same without him.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Great news Ron! I've really enjoyed Season One and look forward to the other seasons. Thanks for sharing.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I need to buy season one because I like to see how the show started out. The episodes I watched the most were the color episodes from season two and three sadly. I liked Planet of the Giants better. LiS S2 and S3 seem too campy, but I keep hearing season one is less campy than the following seasons. I did like the Lost In Space comics based on the TV show.

So I hope they don't present edited episodes for the S2 and S3 DVD sets.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Did Fox reply in any way regarding the cutting of the episodes on the season 1 box set?

Regards
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks