What's new

King of Queens season 2? (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Any news on what has become my favorite comedy? I watched the entire first season in 2 days so I am longing for the second season.

-B

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
It comes out April 20. Advance copies have already been sent out, so you should start seeing reviews online soon.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This show was a blind buy for me and I love it. I'm glad season 2 is coming out so fast, I'm looking forward to picking it up.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Unfortunately, this series isn't available in Canada...........same with 'All In The Family'. I have to either pay extremely high prices for imports or track them down on e-bay. As for AITF, I figure I'll wait until season 3 hits shelves, then I'll grab all 3 in one shot.

I only recently got into watching 'King of Queens' when it hit syndication last fall, so I'd gladly get these sets. I find it hilarious.

KennethJR.

Auditioning
I love this show also. But I did not pick up season 1 becuase it was "full screen" but, "mastered in high definition" whatever? Any word on season 2?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The first season of "King of Queens" did not air in High Definition, and most likely was not shot 16x9. That said, I don't know whether subsequent seasons, those which for certain did air High Def, will be released 16x9. I hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

CynthiaH

Agent

Does anyone have any information on why this is? Or if it will just be released later on (like how Freaks and Geeks is coming out a few weeks after the US release)? This just strikes me as very odd, since the first one was released in Canada, and as far as I know, at the same time as in the US.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Cynthia, the reason its not out in Canada is because for a few of their shows, Columbia doesn't own distribution rights in Canada. All in the Family is one of those shows and I believe that this is the case for King of Queens as well. I'm not sure why they don't own distribution rights for some of their shows in Canada but that's the way it is, I'm sure someone who knows more about this than I do *coughCoughDavidLambertorGordLaceyCoughCough* can add their knowledge if they think its necessary to fill in or illaborate on what I've said, maybe even correct it?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

The King of Queens began high-definition broadcasts in its second season, so we already have the answer. Then again, the third season is when the show really started promoting the format--including an episode in which Doug laments not being able to watch the Super Bowl in "high-def!"--so maybe Columbia TriStar will change tack then. I doubt it, though.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Could it be that Columbia Tristar maybe thinks that the target audience for this series it too "low-brow" to appreciate a widescreen picture?

Don't get me wrong - I love the show, but maybe Columbia expects a lot more people complaining about "them stupid black bars" than people complaining that the show is not in anamorphic widescreen.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
They are constantly pushing the widescreen format with their HD broadcasts so it doesnt make sense that they would make an assumtion that no one is interested in a widescreen transfer for the DVD.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
How many people are able to watch the show in HDTV compared to the number of people who watch "normal" broadcasts?

And I didn't say that nobody is interested in a widescreen transfer but that the majority of people is used to watch it in fullscreen.

And if you compare the HDTV broadcasts of KoQs to the normal broadcasts you'll see that it's just like the R2/R4 releases of Buffy - there's nothing but empty space in the widescreen area.

Don't get me wrong - I would love to see the show in widescreen.

I just don't think it's going to happen.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

Season One was never released in Canada. Any copies in stores would have been imported by them from the U.S.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
no I dont think so either.

Even though it is dead space, it is still more visually appealing than a standard 4:3 frame. Technically, no significant information is added but it also doesnt hurt it either. 4:3 just looks cramped in comparison.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
This is somewhat off topic but columbia pictures has the last two releases of the 3 stooges "Re-mastered in High Definition" printed on the back...no of course the stooges are not shot in widescreen, and the picture is as we all know them. Just as some have said KoQ season 1 was not shot in Hi-Def....so I'm not quite sure what Columbia is up to exactly with the Re-mastered Hi-Def thinking.

David Di

Grip
I recieved my copy today from an online store in Canada www.dv-depot.com . The best online store for dvds.
And since i live in Australia we only get this show once a week on cable. One of my favourite comedy shows ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks