What's new

Say Goodbye to Friends on DVD... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Thanks for the news Gord. I actually just finished reading the news before coming on here. I have a concern regarding this release however. The news article states that the finale is ONLY available on this upcoming release. What does this mean for the forthcoming season 10 set?? When it eventually comes out, will it be released sans the finale episode?? If this is the case, I'll most definitely pick this up on May 11th. On the other hand, it is included on the season 10 set, I'll hold off until then, especially since this release has the show's pilot, which is already on the season 1 set.

If they (Warner) choose to take the route of NOT including the finale on season 10, I think that would be pretty absurd. They definitely couldn't call the set "The Complete 10th Season". Anyway, if anyone can clarify this, it would be great. I know season 10 is still quite a way's off, but it'd be nice to know how this finale fits in the picture.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Andrew's question is actually the same thing I was wondering. I mean this is a cool deal, and I'll probably pick it up, but it will be a definite purchase if it won't be on the season 10 release.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
That topic line had me thinking it meant "Say Goodbye to any future DVD sets of this series".

I was thinking: Gee, I wonder why they won't be releasing any more "Friends" DVD sets?

:)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I feel like I'm about to enter a support group because I felt the same way as David and Andrew when I saw that headline...I was like "What? No! I'm almost done, we're near season 7...they cant...no!" Then I read the story, glad to know I wasn't the only person that was thinking that, and also not the only one brave enough to admit it.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Ok I just thought of something. I don't know if this is wishful thinking or what. But www.tvshowsondvd.com states that the BROADCAST version will only be available on this DVD. As we all know, all of the episodes on all of the 'Friends' sets contain never-before-seen footage. So perhaps when season 10 rolls around, the finale will also contain unseen footage.......thus making it different from the 'broadcast' version which will air on May 6th. Am I grasping at straws.....or am I on to something here?? lol

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the finale will still be included in the Series 10 set, but I'm a sucker so I'll probably buy it twice like I bought the first two 'Best ofs."

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

That's how I read it too. I'll bet that THIS version will be pulled (like a Disney release) prior to the release of Season 10 on DVD, thus making it a "collector's item"...heck it will be discounted to under $10 anyways...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Also, beware of the inevitable spoilers, you guys. These DVDs will have had to have been in production for quite some time to be ready for release merely 5 days after the finale. I'm sure some will have copies of the DVD even before the finale airs! Spoilers are bound to be slipping onto the web with abandon, so beware what you read. You didn't spend 10 years with this show just to have its conclusion ruined for you by some guy at Aint It Cool News! ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Andrew is correct, this is the only time the BROADCAST version will be available.

With such a tight turn-around I wonder how early reviewers will get the discs...

Gord

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I too was fooled by the subject line. It's strange because until that moment I had never realized it meant that much to me. I only started watching the show after S6 was released on DVD. They finally got me for some reason when I saw the first 6 seasons packaged together for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price of $150-something. Thinking back, I should have just waited and bought the seasons 1-10 package that will most likely happen eventually.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I just read the article twice and it says that the DVD will include never before seen footage.

EDIT: Just noticed that the case is a keepcase. Woohoo! You rock, WB!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested to know how this will change for the season 10 release, and what about it (if anything) will not be duplicated on that release.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
From the bottom of the TVShowsonDVD page:

Like everyone else, when I saw the thread title, I thought it meant there wouldn't be any more season sets. I was like, "They can't be serious." Good to know this is all it is.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Oh brother! Is NBC that desperate for another buck?
Does it have a strand hair from each cast member?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks