What's new

Columbia's New TV on DVD Poll - What Show Will You Pick? (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Columbia TriStar has another poll going on which should directly impact what kind of product gets released on DVD in the near future (if it's anything like their last poll, that is).

This time around, you pick only one show from the list. Additionally, you can only take the poll once. So the question is... what single show will you pick? And why? Do tell...

http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/tvondvdpoll/

I chose "The Facts of Life". It appears that "Get A Life" is definitely Columbia's, as it appears on the poll as an option. I'm sad to see "Silver Spoons" and "Square Pegs" are no longer on the list, but hopefully that means they already have plans for both. ;)

Another Important Edit!:

If you choose to keep going on in the survey and answering TV on DVD-related questions, you will #12 asks you how you have heard about TV on DVD releases in the past. It would be in the best interest of any fan to select "Other" from the list and type in http://www.tvshowsondvd.com !

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I chose Maude

They have so many Lear shows out now why don't they just release the rest of them.

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
Dane,

Thank you so much for posting the information on Sonys new poll. I never would have known about it otherwise.

I voted for Ned and Stacy. I loved that show and never would have thought it would even be considered for DVD.
I am so excited!

Robin :)

Chris^B

Auditioning
Diff'rent Strokes!?! Could this really be a possibility? Wow!!! Classic television at it's best.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Columbia TriStar has built a much nicer poll this time, and hopefully the results can be used.

Their previous poll forced 5 selections (I only wanted 2 shows, but had to pick 3 others) and would allow for multiple votes to be cast. I explained this to them and it appears they listened :D And people think the studios never listen ;)

Gord

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but now we can only vote for ONE!

Seriously they should have set this up as a rank these shows from 1-10 (or whatever) instead of pick just one. I lucked out, there's only one show I want - but I'd be annoyed if I wanted more.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, the pain of choosing between Grosse Pointe and Action... Well, I'll vote for one at work and one at home.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Am I the only one voting for Get a Life? That was a great show, and the few episodes released by Rhino aren't enough. We need the rest of the series released.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you are NOT the only one voting for "Get a Life." There are a couple of others I would buy ("Action" and "Ned and Stacey"), but this was an easy choice.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just like both Tonys (Tony J Case and Jeannie's Master) I'm dreaming of Jeannie too.

I found it a little odd, though, that I Dream of Jeannie would be included. Gord, didn't Sony say they were releasing it next year?

If I could've voted for another show it would've been The Single Guy simply for the episode entitled "Affair" from the first season in which Paula Abdul plays herself.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I voted for "Jeannie" although other worthy shows include "Mike Hammer" and "Hart to Hart".

Also, if you agree please be sure to indicate your preference for "season sets" when that question pops up.

Steve

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Hart To Hart. For me the epitome of the stylish 80s at their best. (and Stefanie Powers at her sexiest!)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
What an awesome Poll!!! We need more of these.

I went with Action I loved the show while it was on and I still remember enough of it and still have an intrest in it. I'd love to see Ned & Stacy and the Street again but not enough to buy it. I loved the shows but it's been a while. I wish they would have added Sleepwalkers on that poll I'd love to get that.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks for the link, Dane.

I voted for "Action". Wish I had two votes, the 2nd would have gone to "One Day At A Time". The rest I have no interest in.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Get a Life, No Question! I'm excited it's under consideration

I think it's funny how they ask you to list your favorite show and then the next question it how likely would you be to purchase it.....Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks