What's new

He-Man (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
TVShowsonDVD.com just issued a statement about a possible release for the tv show. Now, didn't it seem as if He-Man was a :::clears throat:: homosexual?

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Cool that there's finally a chance to get this on DVD. As well as all the other titles that were mentioned in the article. The original series was great. Hopefully the new will be released at some point as well.

As for He-Man's sexuality and sexual prefrence. For Pete's sake, it's a damn cartoon show. What the hell does that have to do at all with He-Man. Seriously, that's really stupid. :rolleyes

BTW, for those people that do care about the series:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1328

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Do you guys think there's less chance of a Region 1 release, since He-Man and She-Ra are now owned by a London company? :/

I watched both cartoons as a kid and would love to buy them on DVD... can't fight nostalgia!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
and that's why I thought He-Man was a homosexual. I was watching I Love the 80s. I can't believe they're releasing Jem!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think these shows have a much, much better chance of being released since the new owners will probably entertain offers from companies willing to license it. I can imagine Rhino is scrambling around today making some calls :)

Gord

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Now the BIG problem - do I cancel my pre-order for volume 3 and wait for the US boxed set, or do I keep buying the UK versions?

The US version will probably be cheaper and more compact in the long run (If, say Rhino gets it, they'll follow the Transformers/GI Joe release model and break each season up into smaller sets) - but it'll be at LEAST 2005 before we get the set.

Or I could keep getting the UK version, which will keep coming out (the contracts are already a done deal for the whole series at this point) - but at 15 bucks a disc it'll cost a LOT more and take up more shelf space.

Oh decisions. . . .

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yep, He-Man was gay. He had a cat, and we all know guys with cats are gay.:rolleyes

And She-Ra was a lesbian. That goes without saying...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I really want both He-man and She-ra on DVD. As far as the Ghostbusters that they have, I prefer the other one even if its not the original. He-man, She-ra and with next months release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, its like I'm going back to my childhood, and the days of USA's Cartoon Express among other broadcasts of these shows after school.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tony J Case - thanks for that reassuring quote. :)

I'd totally watch "I Love The 80s", like all the time, if I had VH1... Totally. ;)

Chris:L - I'm THRILLED that Jem is coming to DVD! It's one of those shows from my Top 5 Shows-I-Want-On-DVD-But-Dont-Have-Much-Hope list. The others being My So-Called Life (yay!), Freaks And Geeks (yay!), Daria (wah!) and Family Ties (wah!)

He-Man and She-Ra tie for #6 on my list, by the way. I have more hope now, thanks to all of you.

(Personally I've never pondered the sexuality of cartoon characters ... you're all a bunch of weirdos! ;))

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
will... they better say something soon.
or i will have to buy from the u.k.
i have already seen He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe, Dungeons And Dragons - Complete, and Fraggle Rock being released there. and i HATE waiting. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks